“great for the money” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #34 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tracy, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I travel 2 times a year to bakersfield and everytime i stop at this super 8, the front desk clerk would always made me and my wife feel like home until one day i stopped by came to find out that the young lady that would check me in was no longer working their if i would of known i would have not stop here.....the new young front desk clerk did not know what she was doing,did not give me my correct change bad customer service other than that rooms where great but no longer would we stay here again.. Good Customer Service is the most important thing

• Stayed July 2014
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed at this location based on previous stays at other Super 8s. What a mistake. The room was just so so and not well maintained. The real problem was when I went to have breakfast. There was just about nothing to eat except cold cereal. What really turned my stomach was when the attendant came into the dining area and decided to refill the waffel cups with batter. He took the empty cups placed them under cold water and with his bare DIRTY HANDS (No soap) cleaned the cups out and then added new batter. This persons hands were dirty like he had been working on a car. I put down my cup of coffee and went back to my room and immediately checked out. I would not recommend any person stay at this hotel and the local health department should conduct and inspection.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have stayed at other Super 8’s in the past but have never encountered this mess. I usually stay at Super 8 when I am on the road and need a comfortable room for the night. Whereas the appearance is appealing when you first pull in to this property, the nightmare is inside. At check in, I had to “pull teeth” to get the AAA discount that was promised on the phone. It seemed that the check in clerk was finding reasons not to extend it. She did after a brief conversation. I had asked for a room on the first floor but she said it was $10 extra. I kept the room on the second floor and used the elevator. I should have hauled my suitcases via the stairs. The elevator floor had dirty stagnant water on it and I did all I could to keep my luggage off the floor. Next was the room. The door had to be “shoulder pushed” opened as it was jammed. The room size was typical for Super 8. The tub had evidence of molded caulk. The shower head was coming apart and taking a shower was a task in itself the next morning. I asked for a different room but the clerk reaffirmed that it would be $10 more.

At sharply 7:00 am pounding came in from the TV wall. I was awakened and decided to look next door. It was a maintenance crew that was installing a flat screen TV in the room next door. The crew was making a hole in the wall and totally ignored the fact that I was still in bed. I voiced my dissatisfaction to the workers and they stopped. By then, it was 7:30 am and the landscaping crew started to trim shrubs and clean the grounds with blowers. That was the end of my rest. I left the room shortly thereafter after attempting to take shower with the broken shower head. Shaving was also an ordeal as the sink did not drain. Yuck!!!

I used the elevator again and it was filthier than the night before. Before leaving I stopped to the office hoping to get the “free” breakfast. The coffee machine only dispensed watered down coffee as all other selections were not operative. I opted for a waffle but the dough was not edible.
I left in a hurry and went next door for breakfast. What else could I tell you but to look around the area, there are plenty of better hotel choices within walking distance.

One interesting note: I received a corporate survey for the property but the link sent was broken so I was not able to express my discontent with corporate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Paso Robles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Customer service was horrible!! Staff were not attentive to guests. Staff lied to guests.
Several issues with the room, no clean towels/sheets. Plumbing was not operable. Room stunk.
Continental breakfast was a joke! No food!!
When the issues were addressed to staff, nothing was done! Had to contact 800#.
I will never stay at another Super8 again. I'd rather pay more money or stay at Motel6.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Super 8 Bakersfield? Share your experiences!