We had a choice between this ESA on Chester Lane, and the one on California Street. Just a word to the wise, the Chester Lane property backs up to a railroad yard, and unless you get a room that faces the front of the property, it's very noisy. Additionally, it's close to the freeway, which is convenient for access, but not so great for noise.
Also a word to the wise, you need to ask for shampoo and a hair dryer - which were happily given, but I've actually never stayed in a hotel where these two items weren't provided. It seemed inappropriately stingy.
For the one night that we stayed, the room was fairly comfortable and clean enough, and convenient (walking distance if you're feeling athletic) to some decent restaurants (Coco's and Marie Calendar's).
My biggest issue with the ESA/Chester Lane is that the door to our room had about a 1.5 inch gap at the bottom. My first thought was to wonder how many outside bugs/varmits found their way into this room. But the corker was in the middle of the night during one heck of a windstorm, it was necessary to stumble around at midnight and find things (towels, phone books, baggage, etc.) to shove up against the door to try to block the howling/freezing wind from entering our room.
There are comparably priced properties in Bakersfield, fairly close by, so my advice is to try one of those. We'll certainly look elsewhere next time we're passing through.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield Hotel
- Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield Hotel Bakersfield
- Extended Stay Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Extended Stay
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.