“I want my SpeedTV” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 Chester Lane, Bakersfield, CA 93309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Bakersfield - Chester Lane)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #30 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Tyler, Texas
“I want my SpeedTV”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am mostly a very happy person. I am happy with the hotel, and I am happy with the staff who all know me well since I have been staying here for the past several (3-1/2) years. I live in Texas, but I am in Bakersfield on an extended work contract in the oil and gas industry. So, I am comfortable with the hotel in general.

My only complaint that I have voiced over and over and over during my entire stay here is as follows:
I want the SPEED TV channel on my TV. I am sick of the junk that is on the television trying to be passed off as "premium channels". SPEED TV is an automotive based channel and carries all of the good auto racing and automotive related programming that all of us "car guys" cannot live without. Surely it cannot be very hard to call the cable company and find out what it will take to get the SPEED TV channel added to the programming. If it is a little extra money, I will pay it. Please get the SPEED TV channel added and I will be very, very happy!!
Gary A. Randall (Good, dependable customer, just ask the staff).

Room Tip: First floor is non-smoking.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield - Chester Lane. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Moses Lake
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is kind of tucked away and difficult to find but other than that it was not a bad experience. The only real complaint was the overpowering smell of febreeze at the elevator. Almost like someone had dropped a 5 gallon bucket. Would have been bad if my athsmatic son had been with me. They had given our room to someone else and upgraded us to a king suite so I ended up on the pull out sofa which was suprisingly comfy!

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker use the front entrance
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield - Chester Lane. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.

Please accept my apologies for the overpowering smells you described and that our location was hard to find. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. As well, I will be sure to speak with Upper Management about sourcing some better signage so the property is easier to locate.

I do hope that you will stay with us again, have another great experience, and give us the chance to fix the small items which you recommended in this review. We look forward to having you visit in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
san francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This would be a great hotel. The rooms are big with full size frig and stove top oven. They are also Pet Friendly.
People hanging around all over the parking lots smoking and drinking alcohol. Cigarette butts and drunks people everywhere. Thee is an excessive amount of cats. The cats are there because Extended Stay residence feed them when they BBQ.
Also the telephone in my room did not work. Good thing everyone's got cell phones these days.
This Hotel just dose NOT feel safe with drunks all over the place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Bakersfield - Chester Lane. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly by emailing bcl@extendedstay.com. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Mebane, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Review of day one.
When traveling my first requirement is the hotel must be clean and safe. At first I was a little concerned about the location because I arrived late in the evening and the hotel is located on a somewhat dark secluded back street but when I drove into the parking lot I felt comfortable. It was well lite, the front desk clearly visible, clean and bright. Two staff members were at the desk, one training, both were very friendly. The first floor hallway and the elevator was the same as the front area very clean but when I got off the 4th floor I immediately smelled smoke in the halls. I continued to my assigned room praying it didn't smell like smoke since I requested a non smoking room. I was pleasantly surprised that the smokey smell did not travel into the room. The room clean an updated. It was a studio type room equipped with a mini kitchen with full size appliances. Hotel will change the linens daily but it common knowledge that the outer bedspread only gets laundered once a month at best. I was very impressed that the bedspread was BRAND new. At about midnight a very loud noisy train came thru but it only lasted a few seconds. So, for my first time first day experience so far I am very pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that your room was to your satisfaction, and that your first experience was a great one. We consider it our pleasure to provide great service to customers like yourself especially, that take the time to give us feedback. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is probably one of the best values for staying long term in Bakersfield. With a AAA discount you are looking at under 75 bux a night with tax. Is it worth it? Nope. Here is why.

Cons: parking lot is small with no security. Leaving the parking lot is dangerous as you are at a blind spot to make a turn. Cars come in to view at the corner in a view where u have little time to react as u can't see oncoming traffic.

The rooms are old and smell badly. I asked for a non-smoking room but it was obvious that it was a smoking room. The stench of a smoking room never leaves and the fact that the desk and tv remote also had cigarette burns! I literally unloaded a bottle of febreeze in my room and it had ZERO effect.

Wifi is free but you will get hacked. My credit card was hacked shortly after using the wifi. My bad as I typed in my cc number on an open network so it was partially my fault.

Remember this is extended stay. No house keeping unless u stay longer than a week. No shampoo and the towels are horrible as they are like sandpaper.

Pros: has a fridge and microwave and is cheap.

Overall: not worth the price. Use Priceline's name your own price feature and I guarantee a hotel will agree to about the same price and is nicer with housekeeping. If it was cleaner or newer I would stay here longer but it feels unsafe, ghetto, and it smells. I wanted to like it here.

• Stayed September 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the room smoking odor. To prevent this from happening again, my team are making sure to personally inspect these rooms and make sure they are deodorized to smelling as Fresh and clean as they normally do. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bcl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Was not disappointed with our stay here, on our way up to Gold Country. Room was clean and comfortable, although leather chairs were well worn. Otherwise everything in good repair. Nice kitchen area with full frig, two-burner stove, lots of drawers and nice closet. Also good storage in the bathroom, although only soap was provided. Card offered other amenities, if you needed them.Reading light only on one side of the bed (which was very comfy), but a separate lounge chair for reading in the room. Importantly (if you've ever been in Bakersfield during the summer when it doesn't cool down at night), the a/c was quiet. Four-story building with inside corridors. Only a few minutes off freeway. Would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Lemoore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Was on trip with girlfriend. The hotel was very clean, staff was friendly and the room was great. Full size fridge, microwave, and of course Coffee Maker, which staff gave me extra pkgs on my arrival. The bed was so comfortable and the room was very quiet. Automatic Ice maker in the fridge as well. Wifi was very fast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane? Share your experiences!