“Cats & People hanging around all over the Parking Lots” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 Chester Lane, Bakersfield, CA 93309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Bakersfield - Chester Lane)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #30 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
san francisco
“Cats & People hanging around all over the Parking Lots”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This would be a great hotel. The rooms are big with full size frig and stove top oven. They are also Pet Friendly.
People hanging around all over the parking lots smoking and drinking alcohol. Cigarette butts and drunks people everywhere. Thee is an excessive amount of cats. The cats are there because Extended Stay residence feed them when they BBQ.
Also the telephone in my room did not work. Good thing everyone's got cell phones these days.
This Hotel just dose NOT feel safe with drunks all over the place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Bakersfield - Chester Lane. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly by emailing bcl@extendedstay.com. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mebane, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Review of day one.
When traveling my first requirement is the hotel must be clean and safe. At first I was a little concerned about the location because I arrived late in the evening and the hotel is located on a somewhat dark secluded back street but when I drove into the parking lot I felt comfortable. It was well lite, the front desk clearly visible, clean and bright. Two staff members were at the desk, one training, both were very friendly. The first floor hallway and the elevator was the same as the front area very clean but when I got off the 4th floor I immediately smelled smoke in the halls. I continued to my assigned room praying it didn't smell like smoke since I requested a non smoking room. I was pleasantly surprised that the smokey smell did not travel into the room. The room clean an updated. It was a studio type room equipped with a mini kitchen with full size appliances. Hotel will change the linens daily but it common knowledge that the outer bedspread only gets laundered once a month at best. I was very impressed that the bedspread was BRAND new. At about midnight a very loud noisy train came thru but it only lasted a few seconds. So, for my first time first day experience so far I am very pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that your room was to your satisfaction, and that your first experience was a great one. We consider it our pleasure to provide great service to customers like yourself especially, that take the time to give us feedback. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is probably one of the best values for staying long term in Bakersfield. With a AAA discount you are looking at under 75 bux a night with tax. Is it worth it? Nope. Here is why.

Cons: parking lot is small with no security. Leaving the parking lot is dangerous as you are at a blind spot to make a turn. Cars come in to view at the corner in a view where u have little time to react as u can't see oncoming traffic.

The rooms are old and smell badly. I asked for a non-smoking room but it was obvious that it was a smoking room. The stench of a smoking room never leaves and the fact that the desk and tv remote also had cigarette burns! I literally unloaded a bottle of febreeze in my room and it had ZERO effect.

Wifi is free but you will get hacked. My credit card was hacked shortly after using the wifi. My bad as I typed in my cc number on an open network so it was partially my fault.

Remember this is extended stay. No house keeping unless u stay longer than a week. No shampoo and the towels are horrible as they are like sandpaper.

Pros: has a fridge and microwave and is cheap.

Overall: not worth the price. Use Priceline's name your own price feature and I guarantee a hotel will agree to about the same price and is nicer with housekeeping. If it was cleaner or newer I would stay here longer but it feels unsafe, ghetto, and it smells. I wanted to like it here.

• Stayed September 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the room smoking odor. To prevent this from happening again, my team are making sure to personally inspect these rooms and make sure they are deodorized to smelling as Fresh and clean as they normally do. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bcl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Was not disappointed with our stay here, on our way up to Gold Country. Room was clean and comfortable, although leather chairs were well worn. Otherwise everything in good repair. Nice kitchen area with full frig, two-burner stove, lots of drawers and nice closet. Also good storage in the bathroom, although only soap was provided. Card offered other amenities, if you needed them.Reading light only on one side of the bed (which was very comfy), but a separate lounge chair for reading in the room. Importantly (if you've ever been in Bakersfield during the summer when it doesn't cool down at night), the a/c was quiet. Four-story building with inside corridors. Only a few minutes off freeway. Would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Lemoore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Was on trip with girlfriend. The hotel was very clean, staff was friendly and the room was great. Full size fridge, microwave, and of course Coffee Maker, which staff gave me extra pkgs on my arrival. The bed was so comfortable and the room was very quiet. Automatic Ice maker in the fridge as well. Wifi was very fast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed over with my son's soccer team for a tournament. The website pictures didn't do the room justice. The room was very comfortable, it had a great kitchen area with a 5 ft. frig., microwave, electric burners and even a dishwasher! All the plates, bowls and silverware were provided. Bed and linen were very comfy.This would not only service traveling business folks but vacationers on a budget as well. The front staff were very friendly ( Amy) we had to cancel our second night and there was no hassel. Small down falls...no ice maker (only the one in the frig), no resturant on site (but plenty within minutes drive), and no daily house keeping (we only stayed one night so this didn't bother us) Although this hotel seems to cater to the long term guest it served us well and we were very happy!
This is about a three star, a very good deal for the money

Room Tip: choose a non-smoking room if you can't stand the smell of smoke
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Arrived in Bakersfield for work. I have stayed at many Extended Stay Deluxe hotels throughout the country, and this one is, by far, the cleanest, roomiest, and most upgraded room that I have stayed in. High ceilings give the feeling of being at home, and the granite countertops dress up the place. The cleaning staff does an excellent job. Much to my surprise, they even change out the bedspreads every week. This one is about $15 more per night than I usually pay throughout the country, but it is well worth the extra money. The staff is very helpful and friendly, too. The only down side, the beds are not very comfortable (typical for a hotel, though), and there are often crackheads and homeless people cruising the nearby major highway (California Ave) looking for cash. Can't even go to get gas (Chevron) or coffee (Starbucks) without being harrassed. But from what I hear, that is a common ocurrence here in Bakersfield.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane? Share your experiences!