This is probably one of the best values for staying long term in Bakersfield. With a AAA discount you are looking at under 75 bux a night with tax. Is it worth it? Nope. Here is why.
Cons: parking lot is small with no security. Leaving the parking lot is dangerous as you are at a blind spot to make a turn. Cars come in to view at the corner in a view where u have little time to react as u can't see oncoming traffic.
The rooms are old and smell badly. I asked for a non-smoking room but it was obvious that it was a smoking room. The stench of a smoking room never leaves and the fact that the desk and tv remote also had cigarette burns! I literally unloaded a bottle of febreeze in my room and it had ZERO effect.
Wifi is free but you will get hacked. My credit card was hacked shortly after using the wifi. My bad as I typed in my cc number on an open network so it was partially my fault.
Remember this is extended stay. No house keeping unless u stay longer than a week. No shampoo and the towels are horrible as they are like sandpaper.
Pros: has a fridge and microwave and is cheap.
Overall: not worth the price. Use Priceline's name your own price feature and I guarantee a hotel will agree to about the same price and is nicer with housekeeping. If it was cleaner or newer I would stay here longer but it feels unsafe, ghetto, and it smells. I wanted to like it here.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield Hotel
- Extended Stay Deluxe Bakersfield Hotel Bakersfield
- Extended Stay Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Extended Stay
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.