“Comfortable and convenient to I-99” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 Chester Lane, Bakersfield, CA 93309 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Bakersfield - Chester Lane)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #29 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Los Angeles, California
“Comfortable and convenient to I-99”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Was not disappointed with our stay here, on our way up to Gold Country. Room was clean and comfortable, although leather chairs were well worn. Otherwise everything in good repair. Nice kitchen area with full frig, two-burner stove, lots of drawers and nice closet. Also good storage in the bathroom, although only soap was provided. Card offered other amenities, if you needed them.Reading light only on one side of the bed (which was very comfy), but a separate lounge chair for reading in the room. Importantly (if you've ever been in Bakersfield during the summer when it doesn't cool down at night), the a/c was quiet. Four-story building with inside corridors. Only a few minutes off freeway. Would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lemoore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Was on trip with girlfriend. The hotel was very clean, staff was friendly and the room was great. Full size fridge, microwave, and of course Coffee Maker, which staff gave me extra pkgs on my arrival. The bed was so comfortable and the room was very quiet. Automatic Ice maker in the fridge as well. Wifi was very fast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed over with my son's soccer team for a tournament. The website pictures didn't do the room justice. The room was very comfortable, it had a great kitchen area with a 5 ft. frig., microwave, electric burners and even a dishwasher! All the plates, bowls and silverware were provided. Bed and linen were very comfy.This would not only service traveling business folks but vacationers on a budget as well. The front staff were very friendly ( Amy) we had to cancel our second night and there was no hassel. Small down falls...no ice maker (only the one in the frig), no resturant on site (but plenty within minutes drive), and no daily house keeping (we only stayed one night so this didn't bother us) Although this hotel seems to cater to the long term guest it served us well and we were very happy!
This is about a three star, a very good deal for the money

Room Tip: choose a non-smoking room if you can't stand the smell of smoke
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Arrived in Bakersfield for work. I have stayed at many Extended Stay Deluxe hotels throughout the country, and this one is, by far, the cleanest, roomiest, and most upgraded room that I have stayed in. High ceilings give the feeling of being at home, and the granite countertops dress up the place. The cleaning staff does an excellent job. Much to my surprise, they even change out the bedspreads every week. This one is about $15 more per night than I usually pay throughout the country, but it is well worth the extra money. The staff is very helpful and friendly, too. The only down side, the beds are not very comfortable (typical for a hotel, though), and there are often crackheads and homeless people cruising the nearby major highway (California Ave) looking for cash. Can't even go to get gas (Chevron) or coffee (Starbucks) without being harrassed. But from what I hear, that is a common ocurrence here in Bakersfield.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here on and off for at least 6 months because I travel for my job. The rooms are small but very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The cleaning ladies are awesome. I have stayed in other extended stays and none have compared with the way these people make me feel welcome. Even the maintenance man goes out of his way to help. I feel perfectly safe here and so are my belongings. Not once in 7 months have I worried about leaving valuables in my room. Because we so enjoy the people at this hotel, I returned to Bakersfield to work a third 13 week contract at a local hospital. . I recommend this place completely.

• Stayed August 2011
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I grew up in Bakersfield, and took this trip to see friends. I booked this hotel thru Hotwire. If you're unfamiliar with Hotwire, you book the hotel based on the star rating and price, but don't know the name of the hotel until you have pre-paid. I booked a "3-star hotel" to find it was this one. I see Hotwire has lowered it to a 2-1/2, which is still too high. First, the hotel did not have my reservation. I had to call Hotwire, who had to fax something to the hotel, and it was eventually straightened out. Hotwire blamed the hotel, the hotel blamed Hotwire for the mixup. They ended up giving us a handicapped room, which we did not need. The room smelled vaguely of urine, and the sheets were stained (at least I hope they were stained and not just dirty). There were two very small, flat pillows on a queen-sized bed-not sufficient for one person, let alone two. When I asked for more pillows I was told there weren't any, and they were "waiting for a shipment!!!???" I had to go to a nearby Home Goods and buy a couple of cheap pillows and pillowcases. The hotel is in a good location, and having a fridge and microwave in the room were plusses. However, the negatives definitely outweighed the positives. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was very clean and I was able to print documents securely and remotely from my laptop because they had a "printme" service hooked up to their printer in the lobby. Their fitness room was open 24 hours, which is a plus for someone working later or super early hours. The only downside was the $4.99 fee for internet access, but there was just the one time charge for my entire stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane? Share your experiences!