“Best Steak we had in the US” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 708 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: American
Liestal
“Best Steak we had in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Guided by TV we selected to go to Crest Bar & Grill.
Yes, it is a small restaurant in an RV park outside the city...but it is definitly worth to go there. We were 4 (2 teenager, my wife and I)
Staff was very friendly and the atmosphere in the restaurant was pleasent. We ordered 3 x Sirloin Steak and what we got wass much more than we expected. Cooking was to its perfection and the meat was it came 1A class. After spending many times my summer vacation travelling trough the USA, this was the best steag I had....and also to a very reasonable price.
The 4th order was a home made Hamburger which my boy also commented "excellent".
So if you are nearby, it would be a mistake not visit Crest.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

we went here after work for a drink and ordered food. this place has a nice atmosphere and the prices weren't too bad. Overall the hors d'oeuvre were delicious. This place is hidden in a camping trailer park and is better than expected.

• Visited April 2014
Bakersfield, California
“Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

When many people think of RV park or resort, thoughts of trailer parks and trailer trash come to mind, and thoughts of ‘diner’ or ‘café’ come to mind in regards to the food establishments therein. In this case, The Crest Bar & Grill is unique. Located inside the Crest R. V. Resort, the bar & grill is an unexpected find. Glass table tops and table cloths and linen napkins abound. The service for our lunch was top notch all the way; from greeting & seating to departure, you couldn’t ask for better treatment.
Since the Old World Hot Pastrami came highly recommended, I ordered that while my guest opted for the Barbeque Chicken Salad. She reported to me that the chicken was exquisitely seasoned and was quite delicious. Mine was an ample portion of delicious pastrami sandwiched between the halves of a huge bun. It came with an order of fries on the side which, at my request, was substituted with onion rings. The onion rings were delicious but the breading was so thin and delicate that it fell completely off when the ring was bitten into. We were quite pleased with our meal and the relaxed, easy going feeling of not being rushed.
The Crest offers the rv park patrons what they call ‘coach side delivery’ where they deliver to your travel trailer or motor home.

• Visited June 2014
Bakersfield, California
“Good food, nice atmosphere, accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been here several times, mostly for breakfast. Our last visit was for Father's Day. There were 6 of us with no reservations. They were able to seat us is a reasonable amount of time. The breakfast menu is somewhat limited, but they are very accommodating. The Shuttle Special is just right for me except I don't eat eggs but they were willing to substitute something, no problem. At $4;95, this is a bargain. I might mention that even with a full house and my old ears, I could still hear others at the table. I really dislike places so noisy that you can't carry on a conversation. This place is worth the effort to find it.

• Visited June 2014
Vernon, Canada
“Friendly service nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Located inside an RV resort this is a nice pub style, sports bar, restaurant with quick service and tasty meals. Would recommend.