“Hilton Standard” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Framche-Comté
“Hilton Standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hilton Garden Inn in Bakersfield is well located, along the main highway. Rooms are clean ,bed very comfortable, and staff friendly (especially breakfast staff). Fridge and coffee in the room. Bottled water offered at arrival. Did not try, but there is as well a pool. Only drawback : Bakersfield can be a warm city : air-conditionning is present in all room, but quite noisy!
WiFi available, but always a bit complicated with Hilton (1 day for free)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Nick S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for the great review Seb!
Yes it does get pretty hot here in the summer so the AC's do have to run a lot, I'll have our maintenance staff look into the room you were in and see what we can do to quiet it down :)
We look forward to you staying with us again! Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've been traveling up to Bakersfield to visit a family member and just needed an overnight hotel. Arrived around 9PM and check-in was quick. The room was clean and quite cool as the air conditioner was already running. Plenty of toiletries and towels were welcome. The only complaint I had was that the air conditioner, while great at keeping the room cool, was rather loud. The unit never shut off despite changing the mode and started making a clicking at around 3:00AM and kept clicking every 15 or so seconds. When you're tired, its something you don't really care about but could be a problem for a light sleeper. May have just been room specific (room 204). Air conditioner aside, was pleased with overall stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nick S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for the great review Westley!
I do apologize about the AC being loud, I'll have our maintenance staff check into that room asap in the morning to get it fixed.
We hope to see you again soon!
sacramento, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

All the staff were very friendly and helpful--room was quiet and very clean. Lobby is very nice with fireplace and extra seating. They have a laundry room which was just down the hall which was very handy for us. For the price we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review Virginia!
Having onsite guest laundry is a definite plus when traveling for multiple days. We hope to see you again soon!
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hotel staff welcomed us in a professional manner but still friendly. Helpful when asked for directions to close but locally owned places to have dinner. Sent us to a very good close eatery!! Room was clean, bed was very comfy and hotel was quiet during the night!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review! We hope you'll choose to stay with us again soon!
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield has a boutique plush feel without the limits of a small establishment. The lobby has an intimate feel with a separate sitting area and fireplace. for talking, meeting or use as a comfortable reading location. The dinner featured an exquisite salmon accompanied by a choice of fresh salads. I would suggest that one dining table be set for those of us under 6 feet tall. I don't like eating with my chin on the table.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for the great review Elizabeth!
I'll see what I can do about the table tops being too high, and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you for staying!
San Luis Obispo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hotel guests are always very friendly. The rooms are always clean. I think they rooms are fairly priced with the Hhonors program Cooler was broke on my last stay. I wish there were a free breakfast rather than paying. The food is always great though!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for the great review Lyndsy! I'll make sure that the AC in that room is up and running properly. We'll see ya next time!
Fresno
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Everything in the room appears normal. My wife did notice the stains on the carpet by the door. There does not appear to be a DVD player in the room. The room was warm and muggy...around 83 degrees F when I first entered the room. Turn the air conditioner on it the room cools down. Complimentary internet is available.
Got up the next morning and noticed the clock on the bed stand was 35 minutes late. I got up from the bed and my lower back was hurting. (this could be because I sleep on a Temperpedic bed at home, so I am spoiled). Buffet breakfast with tax included was $11.97, about the same as if you went to IHOP about .4 miles away according to Yelp. It was good. However, I would suggest inquiring the hostess about paying only what you eat which come out to be a $1 an item. My last day there I only paid $4 for four items I ate. While eating breakfast I heard a guest with a British accent exclaim, "I'll never come back here again! This is nothing more than a S#@$hole!" My wife noticed that the covers on the bed looked old in that they appeared wrinkly. I agree. Noticed the first night that the back door to the hotel which we used never locked. The other nights we stayed it was locked. Anyone can use the elevator, you don't need to insert a room key to get to the other floors. Security issue. Not the best hotel I have been in. Staff appear to be nice. Location is good. Biggest issue for us was the price compared to other hotels in the area. Otherwise I would give this hotel an average.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nick S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your review Jeff. I do apologize for the inconsistencies with your stay and for the gentleman yelling in the lobby. I've got my maintenance and housekeeping teams working on the issues today that you mentioned. Due to the programming on our TV's, we unfortunately don't have DVD players in our hotel. We are set to have renovations this coming year to get a new looking hotel.
I've also personally gone around to each of the outside entrance doors to ensure that they are locked at all times so that only guests with a key can access them.
We do hope that you'll give us another shot and stay with us again.
Please contact me directly if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,