“Always a good stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Luis Obispo, United States
“Always a good stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hotel guests are always very friendly. The rooms are always clean. I think they rooms are fairly priced with the Hhonors program Cooler was broke on my last stay. I wish there were a free breakfast rather than paying. The food is always great though!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nick S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thanks for the great review Lyndsy! I'll make sure that the AC in that room is up and running properly. We'll see ya next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fresno
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Everything in the room appears normal. My wife did notice the stains on the carpet by the door. There does not appear to be a DVD player in the room. The room was warm and muggy...around 83 degrees F when I first entered the room. Turn the air conditioner on it the room cools down. Complimentary internet is available.
Got up the next morning and noticed the clock on the bed stand was 35 minutes late. I got up from the bed and my lower back was hurting. (this could be because I sleep on a Temperpedic bed at home, so I am spoiled). Buffet breakfast with tax included was $11.97, about the same as if you went to IHOP about .4 miles away according to Yelp. It was good. However, I would suggest inquiring the hostess about paying only what you eat which come out to be a $1 an item. My last day there I only paid $4 for four items I ate. While eating breakfast I heard a guest with a British accent exclaim, "I'll never come back here again! This is nothing more than a S#@$hole!" My wife noticed that the covers on the bed looked old in that they appeared wrinkly. I agree. Noticed the first night that the back door to the hotel which we used never locked. The other nights we stayed it was locked. Anyone can use the elevator, you don't need to insert a room key to get to the other floors. Security issue. Not the best hotel I have been in. Staff appear to be nice. Location is good. Biggest issue for us was the price compared to other hotels in the area. Otherwise I would give this hotel an average.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nick S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your review Jeff. I do apologize for the inconsistencies with your stay and for the gentleman yelling in the lobby. I've got my maintenance and housekeeping teams working on the issues today that you mentioned. Due to the programming on our TV's, we unfortunately don't have DVD players in our hotel. We are set to have renovations this coming year to get a new looking hotel.
I've also personally gone around to each of the outside entrance doors to ensure that they are locked at all times so that only guests with a key can access them.
We do hope that you'll give us another shot and stay with us again.
Please contact me directly if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,
Nick Soberano
nick.s@hilton.com
Chico, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went to Bakersfield for a school reunion. We have stayed here before. We selected this hotel because it has a very friendly staff, a good location, was very clean and quiet. The friendly staff was the main reason for our repeat visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review and for staying with us again! I'll be sure to pass along your comments to the staff and we hope to see you again soon.
Sacramento, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Have stayed here several times. Convenient location, nice and helpful staff. Rooms are clean and comfy. Walking distance to restaurants and fun places for kids. Our bartender was awesome, and let us stay late.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nick S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for the great review Catherine! Arturo the bartender is one of the best and funniest in town! I'll be sure to pass along your comments to him! We hope to see you again soon.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Spent one nite there.
Just driving through to San Francisco from Las Vegas.
The lady at the front desk was friendly. It's an old building but it was looking good inside.
The service and facilities where very good. The people where friendly. The facilities,restaurant was good and they had a laundry which was handy. A pool, spa and also with a gym.
The room was good. Comfortable beds are a bit small. Bathroom was in good condition and was clean. The only downfall was the air condition it was noisy. But I was tired and slept right through.
3.5 overall I would give it. If I go through Bakersfield again I would stay there again. The value is good and the free wifi was ok.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review! I'll be sure to have maintenance look at the AC unit in the room you stayed in to address the noise. We hope to see you again!
bakersfield, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield are rubbish. Staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield are rubbish. Staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield are rubbish. Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish RubbishRubbishRubbishRubbish RubbishRubbishRubbish RubbishRubbishRubbishRubbish RubbishRubbishRubbish

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the value you received at our property. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Kind Regards,
Nick Soberano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great place to stay..great amenities provided and very clean. We loved the place as it gave us everything we were looking for and more. We would definitely stay here again. Very clean and very well maintained. The place is a five star accommodation and not very pricey either.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for such a great review! We love hearing reviews like these and I'll be sure to pass them along to the rest of our Team. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield? Share your experiences!