“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Dublin, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very nice business stay. Really enjoy my stay. Will go back and stay again. Staff very kind. Location near my office in Bakersfield. Would recommend this hotel to my collegues when they visit Bakersfield.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nick S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel, and for your recommendations to your colleagues! We strive for 5 star reviews with all of our guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Burlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a great experience during our recent stay. Clean, spacious, well appointed. Great breakfast for a reasonable price. We stayed in three motels during our trip, and this was the best value for the money.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your most recent review of our hotel. I am so glad you were pleased with your stay! We look forward to having you back!
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

6 months later stayed there again for a week. I have to say that the Hilton Garden in "baroque" interior design is starting to be "dated" after over 10/15 years with any changes. Anyway..still ok clean rooms. I was a little disappointed with the breakfast..coffee wasn't that great, joghurt not available without asking every day , the fruit plate didnt look look super-fresh, oatmeal dried up..just not the same quality as at other Hilton places. So I was thinking about downgrading it to 3 stars. On the plus side the service is excellent with Christina at the front desk and Arturo at the bar.Carla at breakfast is great as well. Gymn does the job as well...pool as always suited for kids only...with a little bit of money spend on the interior ( that is more a franchise / Hilton corporate thing ) and some more attention to the breakfast this HGI could easily be the best place in BFL excluding the Padre hotel...

Room Tip: A/C is not too noisy, lower floor better because of super-slow elevator..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Clovis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed two nights and room was quiet, clean and exceeded expectations, even for a Hilton properrty. We requested a quiet room and never heard any noise from any adjacent rooms or in the hallway. I would recommend this hotel to other travellers because it is located close to the 99, hotel staff took care of my request and our stay was very restful.

Fairfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Would stay here when in Bakersfield. Close to Costco, Black Angus, Hungry Hunter. Although they serve breakfast at a cost, so many hotels now have complimentary breakfast which we like. It would be nice if they offered their paying guests breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

pbonner, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your most recent review of our hotel. I am so glad you were pleased with your stay. I agree with the complimentary breakfast but unfortuantly Hilton Garden Inn standards do not allow us to offer complimentary breakfast but we also pride ourselves in offering our guest a breakfast worth their money spent. Jose makes an awesome breakfast burrito or you have to try is banana french toast. Manuel's omelets are the best. I always get a spinach and mushroom one with advacados on top and Jose's salsa. YUM!

With cooked to order breakfast and all the continental choices of a large full service hotel buffet to eat and drink till you tummy is full and ready for a busy day.

I look forward to your return and enjoyment of my pride and joy!
LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

First - the hotel itself is ok. For Bakersfield, it's the #2. The Marriott next door is better, honestly. The room was stained, and although fairly clean, it was outdated.

The thing that really ticked me off was the absolute lack of security at this hotel. They have NOTHING to monitor the parking areas or hallways, and Bakersfield isn't exactly known as a crime-free area. I find this appalling. As I found the front desk's reaction to my trailer & motorcycle theft to be equally as appalling. Let me explain..

At 5am I was looking out my window at the parking area, where a man with a stolen truck was stealing my trailer and motorcycles. I called 911 and the police responded extremely quickly and eventually recovered our property after a high speed chase. When I returned to the hotel from the trip with the police, the woman at the front desk was CLUELESS. The police car was parked with lights directly in front of the front door on the sidewalk, with 10 other sirens chasing the thief up and down the nearby street, (which was impossible to notice), and when I reported the incident, she says, "Oh. Was that what all that noise was?" Seriously?!

So 1. clearly they have no cameras or security in the hotel and don't care. 2. the front desk person was a moron. For a hotel to NOT CARE that there was a police car on their front step and fail to investigate, as well as fail to investigate why there was a loud police chase down the street, indicates that the hotel just doesn't give a crap about its guests nor about their security.

BIG FAIL. Yes, I will be filing an incident report with this hotel but I don't think they'll care. They are horrendous.

Room Tip: Be close to the bottom floor where you can see your car to call 911 on the guy who steals your car.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dragon,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We regret to hear about your experience during your time with us and we do extend our sincere apologies for the challenges that you encountered. The comfort and safety of our guests is our number one concern and we apologize for what happened with your trailer and motorcycles while on our property. I just wanted to let you know that we do have a security company that monitors our parking lot. I regret that these criminals were able to do this but I am also impressed with the actions of our local police department.

We hope you understand that this was an isolated incident and our hotel is situated in a safe area and you will give us a second chance the next time you are traveling our way.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Worst hotel experience I've had in my life! All I needed was a place to lay my head for 6 hours for a very important hearing the next morning. I arrived at approx. 11:15 p.m. already exhausted from a long drive and just wanted to go to sleep. Their staff put me in room 211, a handicap room. I’m not sure why they put me in a handicap room when there were other rooms available. In any case, the room was over 80 degrees. I tried to turn on the air conditioning but it was broken. The poor gal from the front desk came up to my room and tried to fix it to no avail. Also, although it was designated as a non-smoking room, smoke was seeping through the window from folks smoking outside below. So I was moved to room 232.

Everything was fine until I woke up a few hours later. The toilet wouldn't flush. I was freaking out because I thought it was going to overflow. I needed to get out of there by 6:30 so I jumped in the shower with the intent to get the heck out of there and never look back. Unfortunately, there were more to come. When I got out of the shower, the blow-dryer didn't work. Their staff gave me a new one and that didn't work either. It turned out that the fuse was blown.

Is it so much to ask for a room that works??? I'm sure they can appreciate that we have busy lives and responsibilities. I had a million things on my mind. I had to finish prepping for my hearing. I can understand things break down here and there, but two rooms in a row??? That was unacceptable stress that I had to experience . I chose the Hilton because I thought it was a reliable choice. Now I cringe at the thought of it. I've stayed at cheap places in the middle of nowhere that took better care of their property. No patron should have to deal with broken air conditioning, broken toilet and blown fuses. It was uninhabitable and unacceptable. My recommendation is to stay somewhere else until they learn to take care of their property. Lastly, I would like to apologize to the poor gal that I chewed out at the front desk. It’s not her fault that she works for a crappy property.

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott. Anywhere but here until they learn to take care of their property.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'd like to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us. When you come to a hotel you're expecting to get a great night's sleep and unfortunately we were not able to provide you with that. Again, I thank you for your review and we'll be sure to keep your comments in mind as we make future improvements to our hotel. I'd love to have you back to give our hotel a second chance.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield? Share your experiences!