Worst hotel experience I've had in my life! All I needed was a place to lay my head for 6 hours for a very important hearing the next morning. I arrived at approx. 11:15 p.m. already exhausted from a long drive and just wanted to go to sleep. Their staff put me in room 211, a handicap room. I’m not sure why they put me in a handicap room when there were other rooms available. In any case, the room was over 80 degrees. I tried to turn on the air conditioning but it was broken. The poor gal from the front desk came up to my room and tried to fix it to no avail. Also, although it was designated as a non-smoking room, smoke was seeping through the window from folks smoking outside below. So I was moved to room 232.
Everything was fine until I woke up a few hours later. The toilet wouldn't flush. I was freaking out because I thought it was going to overflow. I needed to get out of there by 6:30 so I jumped in the shower with the intent to get the heck out of there and never look back. Unfortunately, there were more to come. When I got out of the shower, the blow-dryer didn't work. Their staff gave me a new one and that didn't work either. It turned out that the fuse was blown.
Is it so much to ask for a room that works??? I'm sure they can appreciate that we have busy lives and responsibilities. I had a million things on my mind. I had to finish prepping for my hearing. I can understand things break down here and there, but two rooms in a row??? That was unacceptable stress that I had to experience . I chose the Hilton because I thought it was a reliable choice. Now I cringe at the thought of it. I've stayed at cheap places in the middle of nowhere that took better care of their property. No patron should have to deal with broken air conditioning, broken toilet and blown fuses. It was uninhabitable and unacceptable. My recommendation is to stay somewhere else until they learn to take care of their property. Lastly, I would like to apologize to the poor gal that I chewed out at the front desk. It’s not her fault that she works for a crappy property.