“Would not return to this HGI” 2 of 5 stars

Earn 2X Points!
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gouda, The Netherlands
“Would not return to this HGI”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

At check-in I mentioned my limited mobility (walking on crutches), but despite that the lady at the front desk assigned me a room the furthest away from the lobby. When I asked her how far the room was, her reply was: just around the corner...............I was too tired to go back and complain. But I am glad I spend most of my business stays in Accor and HGI hotels, both loyalty programs where I am a Platinum member. Missed opportunity Hilton!!!
Breakfast was OK, for the money spent. Parking space insufficient, had to park at the hotel next door. Overall, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
pbonner, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel! Please accept my apologies for your experience during your stay. This will be discussed with the staff that made this grave error and we will work to correct them going forward. Our goal is always to provide the best, most accommodating service possible, and I regret that we failed to do so in your case. I hope you'll come back and give our hotel a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Santa Paula, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary, and the staff at the Bakersfield Hilton Garden Inn made our trip special. As for accommodations, we could not have asked for more. A definite five-star experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Fair Oaks, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Bakersfield is located near Costco. The accommodations are very comfortable. There is an indoor pool and spa and there are great places to eat nearby. The staff is very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Santa Maria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stay here this place is nice, comfortable and an awesome front desk staff that cares. Ana and Christina are great and know the area quite well. They made sure everything was handled. Thanks again guys!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Lancaster, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My quilt group arranged to use this hotel for our annual quilt retreat. Our price included guest room, use of conference rooms and several meals in the restaurant. We had 19 attendees and every one agrees that this hotel was the best venue we've used, by far. The guest rooms are really nice. The beds are comfortable. The conference rooms worked very well for our needs. The food was good. The service was excellent across the board. Arturo, in the restaurant, is a superstar. He provided us with impeccable service and his sense of humor had us rolling on the floor. We'll definitely be back to this hotel for our next retreat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal group with us since 2004 (build). We always enjoy our Quilting Retreat Group of guest and appreciate your business.
Silver Springs Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff were all very friendly and efficient. The room was very nice and very clean. Great value for the money. Will stay here again. pool and spa were inside and very clean, with towel service. The check in and check out process was extremely quick. We were allowed to check in 1 1/2 hour early for our stay. We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased with this facility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

benicia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

A standard and personal evaluation of an ongoing experience (away from home lodging) of substantial significance incidental to my post-working (retirement)lifestyle I believe that the event that I encountered was most likely a rare occurrence but at the same disconcerting and will ensure that I do a more cautious examination in the future. Please also be advised that the water reservoir for the coffee makers in rooms typicaly have mold in them which can be attributed to the fact that room service personnel are not trained in food safety as are food service employees. I have ten years working ffod service management. v/r john

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you your review. I just wanted to drop a quick reply and insure you and any of our future guest that my hotel follows California Law and therefore all my food servers have all had their Safeserv training. This is repeatedly done every few years and all new hires. We would never want to put any of our guest in harms way. I hope you stay with us again!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield? Share your experiences!