“Great spot” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
LA
“Great spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel is a great choice on hotel circle in Bakersfield. I have stayed at a number of hotels in the area and by far this one is my favorite. It is very clean and quiet for the most part. I have yet to see flaw or have a bad experience at this location. It is close to some of the restaurants in the area within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Whenever possible I stay here. It is close to the freeway, clean and comfortable and is close to many restaurants and stores. The employees have always been courteous and the rooms very neat and clean. Just a nice place to relax.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our last stop before heading home after a weeks journey. The bed was very comfortable. Large room with fridge and microwave and free internet. Nice fitness center with tv's on the equipment (bring your headset). Too bad jacuzzi wasn't working. The location is great, close to freeway access, restaurants AND Costco (for gas).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Another nice Hilton Garden Inn hotel. Nice lobby and the room was nice and clean. Enjoyed my stay. However, staff at the front desk were a little difficult to communicate with...could have been a little more social as well. They kept the communication with me very limited. Seemed stiff. Would have been nice if they told me about the happy hour. Would have enjoyed that after my long drive. Price was a little higher than I like to pay in Bakersfield but it's average for that area....thus the average rating.

Room Tip: Upper floors were very quite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
pbonner, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us as we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again

Pamela Bonner and all the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I reserved this room just looking for something with a decent price. I was plesantley surprised when I checked in. I paid $80 for a Saturday night which is a good price. We pulled up and immediatley noticed how clean and well kept the hotel was. Our room was a King size non smoking. Large room with nice granite counter tops, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The room felt much more expensive than it actually was. At check in the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definatley stay here again when in town!

• Stayed September 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel has fabulous clean and fresh rooms, quiet and comfortable after a long day of travel.
Staff was very kind and helpful, close to a really good restaurants and a easy access to the freeway. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Hilton Garden in has always been a favor of mine, to include the Embassy Suites property. So when my wife and I want to rest during a quick stop over while traveling to Las Vegas, we made a strategic decision to stay there on a Thursday evening. Our arrival check in was easy, how every when we got comfortable, we noticed the air-conditioner was not working properly. So we contacted the front desk and told someone would be right up. The engineer was a kind young man, tried to make it work but asked us to wait to see if the compression mechanism would kick in. In the meantime, we were hungry and did not want to go out, so we ordered in. We ordered a 14 inch pizza, salad and soda. We later received a call telling us there were no more 14 inch pizza, just the smaller one. We ordered a smaller one and substituted a BLT with it. By this time the air-conditioner was still not working and it was definitely getting hot - too hot. So I called the front desk and again the same young man came. He did was not able to fix the air-conditioner but asked me to contact the front desk. The front desk offered to return some reward points and I accepted. They told me this would be automatically done. Well as of this date, almost two weeks, nothing has been returned. However, I was charged for the full meal at the expense of $42 (approximately). I have since requested that Hilton Honors refund some of the points as agreed upon with the front desk. Lastly, I was told that there were no more King bed rooms available when I was asked if I wanted to move. It appeared from my window that the hotel was empty but I could be wrong. If I ever stayed there again, I would check the room first, before settling in. But in all fairness, the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple