“Great room with a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA members save 10%
Ranked #8 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
“Great room with a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I reserved this room just looking for something with a decent price. I was plesantley surprised when I checked in. I paid $80 for a Saturday night which is a good price. We pulled up and immediatley noticed how clean and well kept the hotel was. Our room was a King size non smoking. Large room with nice granite counter tops, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The room felt much more expensive than it actually was. At check in the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definatley stay here again when in town!

• Stayed September 2012

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel has fabulous clean and fresh rooms, quiet and comfortable after a long day of travel.
Staff was very kind and helpful, close to a really good restaurants and a easy access to the freeway. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Hilton Garden in has always been a favor of mine, to include the Embassy Suites property. So when my wife and I want to rest during a quick stop over while traveling to Las Vegas, we made a strategic decision to stay there on a Thursday evening. Our arrival check in was easy, how every when we got comfortable, we noticed the air-conditioner was not working properly. So we contacted the front desk and told someone would be right up. The engineer was a kind young man, tried to make it work but asked us to wait to see if the compression mechanism would kick in. In the meantime, we were hungry and did not want to go out, so we ordered in. We ordered a 14 inch pizza, salad and soda. We later received a call telling us there were no more 14 inch pizza, just the smaller one. We ordered a smaller one and substituted a BLT with it. By this time the air-conditioner was still not working and it was definitely getting hot - too hot. So I called the front desk and again the same young man came. He did was not able to fix the air-conditioner but asked me to contact the front desk. The front desk offered to return some reward points and I accepted. They told me this would be automatically done. Well as of this date, almost two weeks, nothing has been returned. However, I was charged for the full meal at the expense of $42 (approximately). I have since requested that Hilton Honors refund some of the points as agreed upon with the front desk. Lastly, I was told that there were no more King bed rooms available when I was asked if I wanted to move. It appeared from my window that the hotel was empty but I could be wrong. If I ever stayed there again, I would check the room first, before settling in. But in all fairness, the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed on business for four days and my room was a quiet refuge from the heat of the day, where I could easily concentrate on my work. The WiFi performed flawlessly. The refrigerator and microwave allowed me to eat in my room while I worked on the computer in the evening. The pillows were perfect , and the bathroom was a step above the average motel.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the price, at well under $100 was quite a bargain for what they offered.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We changed our plans at the last minute when driving down from San Francisco to Santa Monica and decided to break the journey here as the drive down the I5 id deathly boring. We decided on this hotel as we had been here 3 years ago again on a stop over and remembered it as being very comfortable and great value. Our opinion is still the same. It is really good value and we had a great nights sleep with no disturbance from other guests at all. I took the chance to wash and dry 2 loads of washing in the laundry room which was only a dollar for each cycle ( bring your own powder or buy at the supermarket- expensive at the hotel- $2.50 for one load ). We love this hotel for a stop over- you can't go wrong if it is more or less on your route.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Carmichael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Half way on my drive from Carmichael, CA, my husband notified me I had left my wallet at home! I had no driver's license, credit cards or the extra cash I had for this trip. When I got to your hotel, Joseph received a fax of copies of my license and the card I used to secure this room and was able to check me in, THANK YOU Joseph! Your restaurant was closed but was able to order from the Hungry Hunter which fortunately charges the delivered meal to my room number. I order enough food (since there was a refrigerator in the room) for lunch the next day being I needed to check out in the morning!
The room was great, bed comfy and breakfast delish. It is always a pleasure staying within the Hilton chain and when business brings me back to Bakersfield, I will stay here again, this time with my license and AMEX card in hand!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
pbonner, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
We appreciate your comments. Love when my staff is exceptional enough to have their name mentioned. You should of seen Joseph's beeming smile, he was so proud. Why we do what we do...we love our guest!

Pamela and all the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield!
INDIANAPOLIS, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Staff friendliness was average. Everything else was excellent. I recommend a room on the top floor. I could hear every move the person made on the floor above me. Breakfast was better than other Hilton Garden Inns.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield? Share your experiences!