“Okay for what we needed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow I-5

You added Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow I-5 to your Saves list
Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow I-5
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Trask Street, Bakersfield, CA 93312 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Buckeye, Arizona
“Okay for what we needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My daughter and I were traveling to the Bay area and needed a room for the night. I saw the sign for this place which said $39.95 a night. We decided to try it. When we went in the girl said they only had a smoking room available. We don't smoke but decided to take it anyway since we were only stopping for the one night. Our room faced the freeway so it was a little noisy with traffic noise. The room was equipped with a microwave and fridge. It was clean but dated. The chair was flimsy and felt like it would fall apart . The smell of smoke was there but it wasn't overbearing. We had the breakfast they offered. There were two cereal choices, donuts, make-them-yourself waffles, and beverages. Orange juice was really Sunny D. Our stay was perfect for what we needed but wouldn't stay for more than a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Peoria, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The chain lock on the door was missing. There was a mysterious trap door in the ceiling that we weren't sure if it was secured or not. Lamp shade was tattered. Funny overly sweet smell in the room. Not enough towels. Seemed to be a place for workers to stay, not for families! Watch out for dog poop!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bandon, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We rented two rooms. Desk clerk gave us a great deal, truckers rate. Son refused to sleep in room (he found horrible stains in unclean sheets. He slept in car. Continental breakfast was laughable. No coffee maker in room. Towels turned yellow when wet. Nothing could ruin our euphoria. Ducks won RoseBowl!

• Stayed January 2012
bakersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

i feel that anyone traveling through bakersfield or just need a place to stay over night should check out the vagabond inn north.The employees are very friendly and make everybody who comes through feel at home.The rates are good and the rooms are clean with comfortable beds and they also have a very good complimentary breakfast. I highly recommend this motel where you'll feel safe and secure and the customer service is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
fallbrook, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Our visit to Bakerfield brought us through the I5 stretch this time. We decided to stop over off of the Stockdale exit for the night here at the Vagabond. It was a good stay, the property is well kept and appears to have gone through a change or renovation. An IHOP is next to the inn, enough parking, free continental breakfast. Inn has a nice pool, didn't have time to take a dip. Maybe next time~!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

My primary objective when staying at this hotel was that I could bring in my cat. So as a pet friendly hotel, I kind of just overlooked the fact that the carpet was so desperately in need of a cleaning that I would not walk on the floor barefooted. It is old, not well cared for and on a major highway. If you need a pet friendly place in a hurry, this will do, but I have recently stayed in a fabulous place that was also pet friendly, so I guess you dont have to settle for the unclean ones at all. Dont be fooled. I primarily use the Choice hotels brand for the points and for the pet friendly hotels, but I will be a little pickier next time

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Vagabond Inn Buttonwillow I-5? Share your experiences!