“Great Indian” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 707 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood, Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: SERVING LUNCH BUFFET ( ALL YOU CAN EAT ) EVERYDAY FROM 11AM TO 3PM.Open every day from 11Am to 9PM, Friday & Saturday till 10PM. We specialize in North Indian food and also make some special South Indian dishes like Dosa and Idli.
Raleigh NC
“Great Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I started coming here ]when it was called the Indian Palace but it changed over sometime back and I love the change. The decor is much better but the food is superb. Since I travel to many places every week, I am particular with my restaurants. This is a great experience. I took a new employee along with my wife this week. He had never tried Indian before. His first comments when he finished was "Wow-I am going to have to find an Indian restaurant near my town now because this was great." I told him they all my not be at the same level he was experiencing. Good grub.

• Visited March 2013

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place serves the most delicious food! We asked for medium spicy, and it was actually medium spicy and not toned down. The Lamb Pasanda was especially good. The atmosphere is calm and cozy, and the staff was great. Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2013
ontheroad80
“Good Indian Food in Bakersfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were traveling through Bakersfield and just spending the night. We are both fond of Indian food and hadn't had any on our road trip so decided to try Zaika since the reviews were good. We are picky Indian foodies and this place did not disappoint! The samosas were excellently spiced and the butter chicken was the best I have had in years! The garlic nan was also delicious. We away full and impressed. Service was excellent also.

• Visited February 2013
San Francisco, California
“Huge portions, small prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I did not try the northern Indian food I ordered from the small selection of south Indian food. I was impressed. I ordered Dosa masala expecting what I generally get in portions, meaning small portions. 1 Dosa masala from here easiy will feed a family of four. The portions are huge the prices are small. The south Indian food was true to taste. I ordered idly and sambar. This was served with 2 naan. I have eaten at many Indian restaurants specializing in south Indian cuisine and this really good. One of the better restaurants to serve south Indian cuisine.

• Visited February 2013
Bakersfield, California
“Extensive menu, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Three of dined here recently and found the food to be awesome. The Lemon rice was the best rice dish I have ever had- any cuisine. The portions are generous, giving me a chance to enjoy the food he next day as well. The Mango Curry Chicken was a good choice. I want to go back for the buffet to perhaps sample new dishes. BTW, the medium heat was just right, not sure I could handle the really spicey; they give you a choice of heat. I'll be back and am glad it is only across town and not in LA where I usually find good Indian food.

• Visited January 2013