“only ONE staff member actually helped.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #36 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Utrecht, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I never came across such a bad hotel ever. It already started at the checkin when a police agent was escorted to a room (???). The receptionist let us wait for several minutes before receiving us with a grumpy expression. She showed us our room location, but was so unclear (also the signage) that we searched for minutes and had to ask again. The room itself is clean but the bathroom totally worn out and dirty, only the toilet looks brand new. Furthermore there was no wifi available during out stay and the breakfast (complementary) was very plain and tasted bad. I also didnt liked the room heat even with aircon and the location (looked like a bad neighbourhood). Dont waist your money here!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Cupertino, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here a year ago and our room was clean. But tonight... though I specifically requested a non-smoking room and got it- the room smells of motel deodorizer and my eyes are burning from old smoke. Unfortunately, my wife hopped right into the shower so it's too late to switch rooms.
From now on I patronize only non- smoking hotels.
I think what happens is that when people request a smoking room and none is available, they take a non- smoking room. Though they don't smoke in the room, their body and clothes reek and it contaminates the room.
Never again.

Room Tip: Request a sniff test.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with very friendly staff the rooms are clean but the beds could be better. The breakfast is nice you get lots of choices but whoever is in charge if setting it up needs a lesson in organization it's not set up very user friendly too much stuff craned in the wrong place. Overall it's a nice place to sleep

• Stayed July 2014
Yuma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

7-18-14

After a long drive from Reno, NV. It was getting dark and past time to find a Motel. I turned on my GPS and found this DaysInn. It looked very good from the front. After we registered and got our room #226 it did not look so good. The room was big and clean but around the tub faucets there was some BAD patch work. Over near the sink there was more patch work. Windows also needed cleaning. There was an OLD TV that needed to be replaced. Our room had a little porch that you could not sit on as the water drained on it. The room was less than 50 yards from Hwy. 99 with lots of traffic and big trucks running all night.

The area is gated but every time I went out there the gate was open. The hallways were not that Appealing, dirty carpet and patch work walls.

The place has a lot of potential, a little paint and a skilled worker could take care of.

The next morning when taking out my luggage I noticed a man in a van moving from place to place and walking around the cars. I told the girl at the desk. The parking lot is not that well lit. As it is dark in places.

Cap & Virginia

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Menifee, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here for a month from June 14 to July 14.

This Days Inn seems to offer the best accommodations considering the price. I've stayed at other hotels in Bakersfield, and I keep staying here cause it's priced about the same as Motel 6, but offers nicer rooms.

But that's about it.

* The Wi-Fi was so slow, I had to use my hotspot the entire stay.

* This hotel advertised a fitness room online, but it was closed indefinitely when I got there. They referred us to a In-Shape Fitness center down the street. I went there and negotiated a $60 one-month rate for my wife and I. Then, I went back to Days Inn and asked them to compensate me the $60.00. The manager refused, saying that we are already getting a discounted rate with Days Inn, and they can't compensate any further. So, I wrote to Wyndham Corporate, and told them the whole story, They're sending me a check for $60.00.

* There are tons of kids at this hotel, and they scream. They dirty up the pool. At one point, the pool got so dirty, the hotel had to shut it down until they could sanitize it again.

* There are a lot of bugs in the room due to the landscaping. We also found several caterpillars crawling across the floor, including one that crawled up on our bed. We found a few others that had crawled into our baggage.

* The breakfast is the standard sugary carb (box cereal, donuts, waffles, sweetened juice). No protein.

* The hot water rises and falls too frequently. It literally goes from luke warm to scalding hot. In the shower, I'm constantly readjusting the hot water, and it makes a shower very annoying.

* They overwater the grass in their courtyard, and there's an area where the water remains standing. This produces lots of mosquitoes. We got bit a number of times in the night, and I had to hunt them down and smash them.

* The big kicker. Wyndham wouldn't give me rewards points for my one-month stay, trying to tell me that I used a special rate. HOWEVER, the special rate was offered on their Wyndham Rewards website.

If you plan to say somewhere for an extended period, this is not the place. Pay extra to get more comfort and quiet. If you just want to stay one or two nights, and want to save money, this is still probably your best option.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to front office, with patio facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

When we checked in we asked for a quiet room and were given a large room at the back of the property. Room was large and clean. Balcony however was filthy. Turned out HWY 99 was just yards from our room and the noise kept us awake all night. Even with earplugs. The check in agent must have known this wasn't a quiet room so why assign it to 2 elderly people? The property is not in keeping with the Days Inn properties we have used many times. Not up to the Wyndam standard. Hallways dirty and dark. Lobby nice and clean and free breakfast was okay with waffles, donuts, dry cereals, instant cereals, coffee, juice, tea,and oranges. Courtyard around pool was cleaner than the rest of the place. Quite a few fast food places close by. Property used by several work crews who stay full time

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple