“Hidden BBQ Treasure in Bakersfield, CA” 5 of 5 stars

661-735-3984
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reno, Nevada
“Hidden BBQ Treasure in Bakersfield, CA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was invited to stop by and eat at this little gem in Bakersfield, CA. Being from South Texas, fiinding really good BBQ is a challange as my wife and I travel about the counrtry. We found Pappy's to not be a disappointment. Where do I begin, the brisket so tender it was cut with my fork, the sauce so tasty and enhanced the meat so well, potato salad just the way I like it, nie creamy macaronni and cheese, nice crisp okra, and finishing my wife's ribs they were the fall off the bone, really meaty ribs. If you are visiting, living, or just passing through Bakersfield, CA give this little gem a try,you will not be disappoiinted.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Caliente, CA
“Best BBQ in Bakersfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My wife and I visit Pappy's at least once a month when we drive to Bakersfield (we live an hour outside of town). The place is small, has approximately 10 tables and eight stools at the bar area. We usually visit Pappy's in the early afternoon time frame but this latest visit was at dinner time. The place was packed. There are four TV's on the wall for watching different sports events. The staff is great, the food is excellent. Excellent value for the price.

• Visited November 2011