“Positives out way the negatives....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rosedale

You added Hotel Rosedale to your Saves list
Hotel Rosedale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2400 Camino Del Rio Ct., Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel Bakersfield)   |
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Positives out way the negatives....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a good value for the price. It was nicely decorated. Had friendly staff. The bed was so comfy, and I was right next to the stairs and didn't hear a peep. The room was clean, as well was the rest of the property. And this hotel has an overall welcoming and relaxed vibe, featuring a large pool with bbq pits, and an on site restaurant and bar.

There were a few issues I ran into and most were room specific, but here are my gripes. The breakfast is old school continental, most hotels have upgraded to warm meat options (bacon or sausage) and an egg option, but not here. Also, there was not alot of fresh fruit or juices. My room had a slew of maintenance issues, my door was jammed, sinks ran all night, and lastly my toilet clogged. But all in all I had a great sleep and good view...I'd stay again.

Room Tip: If you have a second floor room ask if your room has elevator access I had to take a flight of stair...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great surprise! One of the most inexpensive in our cross country trip from Florida to California and one of the nicest rooms. Bed was equal to our temperpedic at home! First good night's sleep in 4 days! Water pressure in the shower wasn't great but it was hot and bathroom very clean! Fridge was large and stayed nice and cold so helped us replenish our cooler by refreezing our ice packs. I wish they were a chain and I would stay here again in our next destination.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lugo, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights on August 2013 booked by a customer of mine, it is not the kind of hotel I usually like to stay, in a passt visit in Bakersfield I stayed at Best Western but I have to say that this despite being cheaper, is better than the BW, rooms and lobby were much cleaner, the pool also was nice, I got a room facing the pool and since I was busy in the mornings only I could enjoy some swims under the California sun, I can recommend this hotel for a short stay, one or two nights, rates are very interesting.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Univeristy Place
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Rooms and staff were very nice. Breakfast wasn't much to write home about, consisted of only the basics and the coffee wasn't very good. The hallways are also pretty confusing as the layout is huge!! Rooms were very nice and is at a nice location off the highway.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Hotel looks good on the outside and is nice and comfy inside. We got a free upgrade to a suite because they were out of regular rooms and it was poolside which is nice. However, The shower had some rust and there was hardly any water pressure. Kind of confusing to find your room. The breakfast was crap. Nice big pool and good location but looks don't make up for quality.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Mohave, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We didn't not completely enjoy our visit to this property... It's an older property and although they have done some upgrading they need to invest in a little maintenance. They are using foul smelling glade plugins to cover the old musty smell, had tape on the remote to hold the batteries in and the shower was a joke! No water pressure and even worse no hot water!!! My mom and I shared a bed because they had over booked doubles which wasn't a big deal and they did upgrade us to a suit with a hid a bed but this property doesn't have an elevator so getting my disabled mother up the stairs was a big challenge. We also had to stand in the rain trying to get our room key to work in the security door, but gave up and walked to the next door where we were able to get access. Once we got to the room, the deadbolt in one side of the suit wouldn't work and the other swing arm lock was almost torn off the door, but the icing on the cake had to be waking up and finding a piece of a corn chip in the bed when neither of us ate anything in bed...yuck! Made me thing the sheets may not have been changed. They also offer a free breakfast, but we passed. It looked to be biscuits and gravy or waffles and some fruit... I wouldn't stay there again that's for sure. The good points, they did have a beautiful pool, which we did not use and the staff seemed nice.

Room Tip: If you choose to book here just know you are booking an older property and be prepared for the probl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Menifee, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I think the hotel should be closed. We had a large group from our gym, kids and parents, in Bakersfield for a year-end cheerleading competition. Their service was terrible, any kids or parents that used their spa, broke out with a bad rash, all over their bodies (waiting for cultures now to identify it). Health dept came out to test water, low-to-no chemicals. The health dept closed the spa and sent the sample for analysis, the hotel manager and staff have neglected and rejected any responsibility for this, and we are now waiting for CDC, and health dept.. Stay away!!!

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Hotel Rosedale? Share your experiences!