“Good Value CLEAN” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rosedale

You added Hotel Rosedale to your Saves list
Hotel Rosedale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2400 Camino Del Rio Ct., Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel Bakersfield)   |
Ranked #27 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Good Value CLEAN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was just a lay over for us, but it was clean and restful. The courtyard and pool was beautiful, wish we had to to hang out there longer. The overall decor is somewhat dated but the propert is very well maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a business trip, it offered great value for money and great facilities. The room was excellent, great beds and a superb pool. Breakfast offered within price was very good and overall our experience was first class. We had no complaints, the front desk staff were very good and the hotel well presented.

Room Tip: Be poolside
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mountain Ranch, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We recently found ourselves in Bakersfield without hotel reservations, We stopped in at Comfort Sutes (our normal stop) and found it fully booked. The manager volunteered to make a few calls on our behalf and found us a room nearby at the Hotel Rosedale. The hotel is in a great location near the junction of Rosedale Highway and CA-99. On check-in at Hotel Rosedale we found the staff to be friendly and attentive. From the outside, the hotel and grounds looked great but once inside, we found our room to be a little worn and dated. It was clean and the beds comfortable but really nothing special. Unfortunately we found the drain in our washbasin was totally clogged with coffee grounds. After 12 long hours on the road all we were interested in was some sleep and not in dealing with a maintenance person so we didn't report it until the following morning. The young man at the front desk apologised for the problem, wrote it up and said he would report it to maintence. Sadly a busload of German tourists chose to stand around and smoke just outside a nearby doorway and the aroma permeated our room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

for the last 5 years we have driven to bakersfield calif to join in the national street rod asso, get together. we have about 2000 cars and its a wonderful time. we start on thursday and the bakersfield chamver has a picnic for all of us then on friday the rod run reall starts. lots of booths, cars, good eats and lots of friends to get to know and see some old friends, our hotel has geld the price of the room pretty well and they really try to make us feel comfortable. any directions we need they find out for us and put it on a map. they are friendlt and outgoing and we look forward to going each year. we are in our 70s and been involved with cars since the beginning of our marriage, almost 54 years ago, and with all the places we travel during the year, we still look forward to seeing our friends at the hotel roseville.

Room Tip: rell the desk what you want in a room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked at this Hotel late after driving from Carmel, all other hotels were booked because of a hot rod show, we were surprised they had rooms because every hotel in the area was booked. To enter from the back door, we had to roll our luggage through a flooded area byf the rear door, the room was dated and the toilet would barely flush, we called maintenance, he suggested another room, we had already unpacked, there was no stopper in the bathroom sink to shave. The ceiling had extensive water stains and the only channel on TV we wanted to watch (CBS)was rolling with static and we could barely make out the picture. The water had a chemical taste and there was yellow water stains in the tub. Other than that the room was fit for a King, here King, here King................breakfast was something like combat rations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This review is for the outstanding customer service received when I called the Rosedale Hotel to inquire about a room for a pending trip to Bakersfield. I have not stayed at the Rosedale Hotel but did make a reservation. I will review my experience at the Rosedale Hotel after our stay.

Part I: Getting the Reservation

My theory is you can tell so much about a business by the people who answer the phones. Well, I have great expectations about our upcoming stay at the Rosedale Hotel in Bakersfield because I had an outstanding conversation with "Nancy" the day I called the Rosedale.
I actually asked Nancy when I called, if I could speak with a supervisor or manager. I have found the supervisor can usually answer all my "very" picky questions more to my satisfaction. So Nancy says, "May I try and answer your questions first?". I'm thinking......ok, she is nice and she is definitely going the extra mile to help me. Why not give her a try. Well...that is why I am on TripAdvisor. Giving Nancy a shout out and a big THANK YOU for a job well performed! She treated me like a long-time customer even though I have never been or stayed at the Hotel. She was extremely professional yet friendly. She patiently answered all my questions. I wanted a King Bed -- no problem, quiet room -- no problem. Excellent job,Nancy! Hotel Management has the right person in that position.

Part II: The Stay (soon to be released)

Room Tip: Will add the tip after our actual trip.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is rated 3-star but the only thing that seemed 3-star is the nice decor around the entry and the reception. The room and the furniture look very old. The bed-sheet and the comforters didn't look very clean either. We have stayed at much better 3-start hotels in the past. The parking lot was a little crowded as well. We only stayed one night and so, we didn't mind much as we got the hotel at a economy rate. They really need a makeover!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Rosedale? Share your experiences!