“Pretty old hotel - you get what you paid for!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rosedale

You added Hotel Rosedale to your Saves list
Hotel Rosedale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2400 Camino Del Rio Ct., Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel Bakersfield)   |
Ranked #27 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Fremont, California
“Pretty old hotel - you get what you paid for!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is rated 3-star but the only thing that seemed 3-star is the nice decor around the entry and the reception. The room and the furniture look very old. The bed-sheet and the comforters didn't look very clean either. We have stayed at much better 3-start hotels in the past. The parking lot was a little crowded as well. We only stayed one night and so, we didn't mind much as we got the hotel at a economy rate. They really need a makeover!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My family needed an adjoining room for an extended stay. I worked with the manager, personally, to arrange a fantastic rate. After driving for 20 hours, it was nice to collapse into a comfy, pillowtop bed with generous amount of pillows! The maids and staff were constantly around cleaning and working, and our wing always smelled so clean! The kids really enjoyed the overabundant breakfast room (waffles, eggs, biscuits & gravy, danishes, etc). The huge pool is awesome! The whole area has been upgraded. I have never seen a more beautiful swimming area! The kids really enjoyed this! Definately going to be back here for future visits!!

• Stayed April 2013
Fullerton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was charged for 4 people when there was only 3 of us when the reservation was placed and when we checked in, I was charged for "damaging" towels upon check out after leaving a cash deposit. The damage to said towels was mineral make up which washed right out after being washed. The manager refuses to return a phone call, but I have had contact with Bakersfield Congressman who will help resolve this issue. The hotel is old and dated but was always kept clean but had a mild smell of wet mop, old carpet and bleach. The staff, other than being deceitful with fraudulent charges was friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not located close to the dive bar which is attached to the hotel, you will be...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Canyon Lake, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

If you have to go to Bakersfield, or pass through, as I found myself having to recently, the Hotel Rosedale is a solid choice. With its former "Red Lion" charm still visible I was surprised by the first impression I had for a 67 per night price tag.

the lobby was well appointed and elegant feeling, the landscaping was well manicured and the Representative was professional and courteous.

Our rooms were on the bottom floor with patios that opened in to the courtyard and pool. Rooms were clean and typically appointed.

My wife did not like the bed but I did...the bathroom was clean and again typically appointed.

We had the continental breakfast in the morning...it was fine...waffles..hard boiled eggs..muffins biscuits...gravy etc. ...I would have liked to see a meat choice like most other hotels of this range provide.

The rooms could be a little better insulated but we got the rest we wanted....just the same.

We would stay here again if we had to come to Bakersfield.

• Stayed March 2013
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have stayed here several times now and while this is a conveniently located property it needs some work. A facelift is in order here. The pet room I had recently was not very clean and the tile floors were sticky. The room smelled heavily of bleach when we walked in. The comforters and sheets are well worn as are the very old towels. Rooms on the inside around the pool are better for sure. The "free" breakfast leaves much to be desired. Front desk not so friendly. There are many other nicer properties right in the same area.

Room Tip: Don't believe pictures you see online. Rooms always look so much better in the ads !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Santa Ynez, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel IS dated but it's clean. Looks like a new coat of paint (carpet, etc.) has been put on top of an old hotel. The pool was closed, which we were not advised although we called several times - this was very disappointing as we were there with a soccer group. The hotel wasn't as secure as it could be BUT we didn't have any trouble with noise or unruly guests (or others that weren't staying there) - we felt perfectly safe. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was ok. The wi-fi signal was good, which made my daughter happy! I'd check other hotels in same price range to see if you could do better but I've stayed in worse places for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here for multiple nights. Looking at recent reviews one of the comments about the view I had to chuckle at. Um did you expect a great view in a hotel that sits in the midst of others? It is not at the beach or in the mountains. It is not a 5 star hotel but I was not expecting it nor looking for one. I was seeking a comfortable, affordable, clean and safe hotel which I knew from my prior stay it would be. Both my stays have been in the front rooms of the hotel and have been very spacious, exceptionally clean and well maintained. They had king sized beds, microwaves, refrigerator, coffee (and tea! which I appreciated), and a blow dryer. The bedding was comfortable and I had a ton of pillows. There is plenty of hot water in the shower and water pressure is good. The pool was closed for winter renovations which was disappointing but understandable, they do have to do upkeep! When I was there in Aug. the pool was beautiful, uncrowded, clean and peaceful. The landscape is immaculately kept. Breakfast selections were make your own waffles, hot biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, several selections of cold cereal, bagels, juices, coffee and tea and kept constantly topped up. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is an excellent value for your money when you are staying in Bakersfield and extremely conveniently located.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the rooms along the front hallways that branch off the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Rosedale? Share your experiences!