“You Can Do Better, Trust me.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Value Inn Bakersfield

You added America's Best Value Inn Bakersfield to your Saves list
America's Best Value Inn Bakersfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8230 East Brundage Lane, Bakersfield, CA 93307 (Formerly Liberty Inn)   |
Ranked #46 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Prescott, AZ
“You Can Do Better, Trust me.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I was suckered in to this place by a high rating, and trust me, you can do better. I am not a complainer. But unless you REALLY have to save the extra $20 it might cost to stay elsewhere (Hampton Inn at same exit looked good), avoid this place. Its next to a truck stop so its very noisy and the room stunk. OK it was a smoking room cuz thats all they had left, but it was worse than cigarette smells. The AC is very loud. The water was OK but the towel situation was pitiful. Bedding not bad, but was not a good night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
abvilasvegas, Manager at America's Best Value Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you for bringing to our attention the problems you encountered. We appreciate your comments as we constantly strive to improve. Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced.
Pete

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

Room was clean at first glance but smelled extremely sternly of pest control chemicals. I don't even mind smokers and this was strong enough for it to be a problem for me to sleep. Looking for an outlet, I came upon a used condom behind the night stand... Nice! All night water was going on and off at regular intervals but I was not next to the laundry room. In addition, people above me sounded like they were moving furniture. I might have gotten 4 hours of sleep out of 7. The worst part is that this place could truly be excellent. The rooms are upgraded and the gentleman at the counter was genuinely friendly and helpful. Just a bad experience? Maybe.

• Stayed August 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband and I were driving from SF to Vegas and decided to stop in Bakersfield for the night.. We were exhausted and decided to stay here after reading positive reviews. They were right - very clean, quiet and nice, no-frills motel room.
Bathroom and sink area were clean - only downside was that when you opened the door that went to the inside of the motel (where ice machine was located), the smell of cigarette smoke creeped in, but we kept that door closed, so it wasn't that bad.
It was definitely worth the great price they charged us, and we had a good night's rest before driving the rest of the way to Vegas.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
San Bruno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

It was around 9 at night, and we were hoping to find a hotel with a hot tub because our backs were aching from driving so long. We finally found this one. But when we went to book, the girl at the counter said that it would be an hour and a half to turn it on. We had looked through the window before we went to the desk, and it looked like it was on. She then said "Well, you could go to the Hampton down the street if you had the $90 for the night." She said it very snotty like too.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to America's Best Value Inn Bakersfield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about America's Best Value Inn Bakersfield

Address: 8230 East Brundage Lane, Bakersfield, CA 93307 (Formerly Liberty Inn)
Location: United States > California > Bakersfield
Ranked #46 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Hotel Class:2 star — America's Best Value Inn Bakersfield 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your America's Best Value Inn Bakersfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage America's Best Value Inn Bakersfield, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.