“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4500 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly Hotel California)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Yucaipa
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed overnight while attending a concert at the Crystal Palace which is very close. We used our Choice points. I was hesitant about staying because the regular rates are pretty low for the area. It's an older property that could use some sprucing up of the grounds but the room was very clean with comfortable beds. The breakfast was very good. Excellent Wifi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

In our 3-week touring US holiday (a dozen or so hotels and motels) this was the worse experience we had. It certainly did not live up to its name… A guy behind the desk, had no clue about anything much. We ordered two rooms one double, one twin for the sons but, both rooms had small double beds (more like a queen size) thus totally unsuitable for our sons (both in their twenties) to share. We were offered an extra folding bed for one of the rooms (for $10), which we had to push along the path ourselves! However, it did not did not fit the very small room, so we pushed it back to the lobby (in pouring rain). Surely the desk guy should have known this before even suggesting it. Furthermore the “view” from one of the room (No 125) was that of the wall of a pool pump room with the associated noise filling the room all night. The bedroom’s heating was very noisy too, so we had to switch it off, the door did not lock properly which was especially bad as it was on the ground floor of this motel-style inn. The free breakfast is off the premises so requires a short walk (dodging cleaning staff and their carts blocking the narrow walkway), which for us was in pouring rain again.. Breakfast (rather poor) is served in a bizarre nightclub/abandoned restaurant looking very dimly lit building. If this is not weird…. Never again!

Room Tip: not 125! Avoid Rooms 101 etc which face the pool (or look into walls, stairs) and and "enjoy&qu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bakersfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Was at the check in desk for 15 minutes while they tried to find, and then confirm my booking. Lucky i had the printout reservation confirmation or I don't think they would have let me stay without paying again. Room was clean, bed comfortable w/ nice sheets, nice shower with good pressure. This might have been because my room was (seemingly) next to the hotel's hot water system so I had the pleasure of hearing pipe noise all night. Food at the hotel's restaurant was excellent, and not too expensive. Would probably stay again; not bad for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had a quick overnight in Bakersfield as part of a road trip, and we weren't expecting too much out of this place. But we were surprised that we had such a nice stay here! Very comfy bed, nice clean room, good TV, and the wifi was fast and consistent. Breakfast in the Replay Lounge was tasty, although a little more variety would have been nice, but all in all, we had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My stay at the Quality Inn & Suites was very pleasant. It is clean, quiet and affordable. They have a hot tub and pool which i very much enjoyed after a long day of traveling. I ate at Replay Lounge and Grill, which is just next door, and the food there is absolutely amazing.
Back in my room with a very comfortable bed there is a sign i have never seen before, and I travel quite a bit. the sign says (Forget Something? We want to make sure you're comfortable. If you've forgotten or are in need of any essential toiletry item, please come to our front desk for a complimentary replacement.) It's not a 5 star hotel, if it were you would have to pay 5 star prices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Karlsruhe, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Checked in early evening on the 19th. A guy was working behind the desk, acted as if he had no clue bout anything. Something was wrong with making Cards for Suites as well. Took him for ever............ to check in Lady before me. He co worker arrived only moved the mouse on the other Computer he claimed was not working.. I stood there for over 10-14 minutes not word spoken to me or we will be right with you zip Zero nade. I booked a room with frig and micro. Got None. The lock on the door did not work very well, it was POUR down rain so daughter and I dealt with it.. Breakfast was a joke, only positive Thing was the mattress on the beds, very comfortable. Two bad experiences with Choice Hotels chain in two weeks, other in Escondido Comfort Inn.. NEVER again.. The two working the desk that evening Need a refresher course on greeting customers.. Especially since we.. paid their checks!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is another place that's showing wear and age. I stayed here over night a few years ago. At that time, the room looked new and was nice. This time it was showing wear and I was not happy. I was promised a Frig and microwave when I made the reservation over the phone, When i got there, I told this to the person at the desk. He told me that the room I requested had no frig and microwave and I would have to pay more for a suite to have it. I was not happy, but stayed anyway. Won't stay there again...

Room Tip: Get a suite if possible...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!