“A few flaws but not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4500 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly Hotel California)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Bakersfield
“A few flaws but not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Was at the check in desk for 15 minutes while they tried to find, and then confirm my booking. Lucky i had the printout reservation confirmation or I don't think they would have let me stay without paying again. Room was clean, bed comfortable w/ nice sheets, nice shower with good pressure. This might have been because my room was (seemingly) next to the hotel's hot water system so I had the pleasure of hearing pipe noise all night. Food at the hotel's restaurant was excellent, and not too expensive. Would probably stay again; not bad for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had a quick overnight in Bakersfield as part of a road trip, and we weren't expecting too much out of this place. But we were surprised that we had such a nice stay here! Very comfy bed, nice clean room, good TV, and the wifi was fast and consistent. Breakfast in the Replay Lounge was tasty, although a little more variety would have been nice, but all in all, we had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My stay at the Quality Inn & Suites was very pleasant. It is clean, quiet and affordable. They have a hot tub and pool which i very much enjoyed after a long day of traveling. I ate at Replay Lounge and Grill, which is just next door, and the food there is absolutely amazing.
Back in my room with a very comfortable bed there is a sign i have never seen before, and I travel quite a bit. the sign says (Forget Something? We want to make sure you're comfortable. If you've forgotten or are in need of any essential toiletry item, please come to our front desk for a complimentary replacement.) It's not a 5 star hotel, if it were you would have to pay 5 star prices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Karlsruhe, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Checked in early evening on the 19th. A guy was working behind the desk, acted as if he had no clue bout anything. Something was wrong with making Cards for Suites as well. Took him for ever............ to check in Lady before me. He co worker arrived only moved the mouse on the other Computer he claimed was not working.. I stood there for over 10-14 minutes not word spoken to me or we will be right with you zip Zero nade. I booked a room with frig and micro. Got None. The lock on the door did not work very well, it was POUR down rain so daughter and I dealt with it.. Breakfast was a joke, only positive Thing was the mattress on the beds, very comfortable. Two bad experiences with Choice Hotels chain in two weeks, other in Escondido Comfort Inn.. NEVER again.. The two working the desk that evening Need a refresher course on greeting customers.. Especially since we.. paid their checks!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is another place that's showing wear and age. I stayed here over night a few years ago. At that time, the room looked new and was nice. This time it was showing wear and I was not happy. I was promised a Frig and microwave when I made the reservation over the phone, When i got there, I told this to the person at the desk. He told me that the room I requested had no frig and microwave and I would have to pay more for a suite to have it. I was not happy, but stayed anyway. Won't stay there again...

Room Tip: Get a suite if possible...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Friendly staff and nicely appointed room though the wall-mounted heater was very noisy at times. Would stay again but there are better values further south on Buck Owens Blvd. Morning breakfast is okay with sparse cereal options. Not many nearby restaurants and it's in a no-man's-land corner of Bakersfield. Suitable for an quick overnight but I wouldn't stay longer than that.

Room Tip: Inside room, facing swimming pool, is likely quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

First off, I would like to make a comment about Easytobook.com and not the hotel. Easytobook.com charged over $20 more than if I would have booked directly with the hotel after advertising that their rates were a large percentage lower. I know this because I anonymously called the hotel and asked what the rate was. I got had, please take caution so that you don't. The hotel was below average. It should be stated that the free breakfast is off the premises so requires a short walk, which for us was in the cold. Breakfast is served in a bizarre nightclub/abandoned restaurant looking building. Weird. The service staff was accommodating and friendly but everytime we would leave our room and return our keys did not work and we had to trek to the office in the cold to replace them. Annoying. Elevator was broken and in the evening the parking lot attracted some sketchy characters loitering around cars accompanied by bass-bumping music. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple