“Very comfy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4500 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly Hotel California)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
San Diego
“Very comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Our room faced an interior courtyard and the swimming pool. It was delightfully quiet and better than having a room facing the parking lot with the risk of someone's headlights awakening us. It was a super hot (104 degrees) day on our arrival and the pool was refreshingly cool. Room was clean and had some upgrades (e.g., granite in bathroom). Can't comment on the cost because we used reward points for the room.
The only restaurant within walking distance was next door and we understand that the hotel recently took it over. Food was good (bar-type fare) but staff must be new because there seemed to be some confusion, e.g. our appetizer arrived with our dinner. The restaurant is where guests go for the free breakfast which was yummy. Hot (eggs, bacon, biscuits 'n gravy) and cold (cereal, yogurt, pastries) breakfast items were offered. If you are driving on Hwy 99, it is located near it but without the traffic noise.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We are on a motorcycle road trip. So when I was told we could park the bike in front of the office, for 24 hour observation, this was a big plus, so I didn't mind the third floor room facing the court yard, not the parking lot.....they lied. Not that this is all that unusual. But, this time, I figured I would make it known. When we got there it was oh no you can't park there. They said I cold park on the side walk, but there was no way I could get a 1000 lb bike up the small handicap ramp in front of the door. They did juggle things around to get me another 3rd floor room so I could, at least, see the bike.

There were some other, smaller, issues. The clock and remote did not work. The exhaust fan in the shower is more of a toy than a effective piece of equipment. The fan filter doesn't look like it has ever been changed. Still it is an ok place to spend the night. Would I stay here again? Nope, they lied to me. I will not pay for dishonesty.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Carterville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

The room with tax was $75.59 for 2 queen beds. The room was clean, quiet, and the beds were comfortable. The outside was manicured and looked nice. The continental breakfast was good. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011 via mobile

This place needs some wprk. The pool area was old and run down and the pool was cloudy, not a good sign. We were just passing thru so for one night it was ok

• Stayed July 2011
Oakland,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I have been staying at many motels and hotels in America. I am a very selective person. Anytime I stop by Bakersfield,CA. I only stay at this hotel. The manager name Raj, he is an extremely nice, a respectful, and a professional person. He treats me very special and always give me a nice discount rate. His staffs are also very friendly and they always put their customers come first. They make sure their customers walk away with a big smile on their faces. The hotel is very clean both internal and external views. This hotel provide the BEST breakfast than any other hotels in the country. If you don't believe me, then I would highly recommend you spend a night here at this place. You will enjoy the BEST breakfast in the morning and a warm welcome from the staffs. In general, I don't like writing reviews, because I don't gain anything out of it. However this time I must write one for this hotel, because the way they treat me is so special. Overall, highly recommend to everyone. You won't be disappointed. Mark my words!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Sussex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

What a huge disappointment - this was one of the worst places we've ever been to. Checked in late at night, otherwise we never would have stayed. Hotel lobby had a foul oder to it, which was the first sign of disaster. Getting to our upper level room was another challenge. Walkways were dark and dingy, and we felt very unsafe. Once in the room, we found a half filled cup of liquid on the nightstand, a used bar of soap in the shower, and empty vials of something in the trash can. The oder in the room was just as foul as in the lobby.

Do yourself a favor, spend a few more bucks and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
albuquerque, new mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Found this hotel after a long day on the road. Room was clean and quiet; good linens. No fridge or microwave in the standard rooms, but there was a coffeemaker. The pool area is old and rather worn but clean and refreshing. Breakfast was fine for us - yogurt, fruit, coffee (there was other food also - cereals, bacon, etc.).
Good value!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!