“Favorite Mexican” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bakersfield, California
“Favorite Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This restaurant has it's own flavor for Mexican food. No other restaurant can match it. We visit it often. They have specials that are unique and tasty. Rating is that their guacamole is premade and once in a while the food is not hot. Service is always good.

Visited April 2014

Carmel, California
“Authentic Mexican cuisine, fairly priced, and well-served”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Right around the corner from our hotel we were directed to Mexicali. Dinner was far better than average, exceeding expectations for several reasons. Service was timely but not pushy, food servings were quite generous, and my chile relleno was first-rate, Then it was desert time...something called chocolate flan that really wasn't a flan at all, but managed to combine a chocolate moussecake with custard in a heavenly way!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good honest food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I wonder why so many poor reviews? We had a very pleasant meal with friendly staff. Lots of food at a fair price well presented.

Bakersfield, California, United States
“Beautiful atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Typical Mexican dishes that are delicious. I'm not much of a dessert eater but I did try the flan and the fried ice cream. Didn't care for the flan since I've had good flan before and the fried ice cream is very sweet for those who like sweets. You'll just love the beautiful decor and just sitting in there is a treat in itself. Nice place to sit down and relax to a good meal.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Queen Creek, Arizona
“really good restaurant for Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant while we were traveling through town - it's really good!

We actually arrived at the restaurant after 8 p.m. on a Saturday evening. It's a restaurant with personality - the atmosphere was quaint and enjoyable. It's very relaxing and there was no feeling of being rushed while we were there.

Our waiter was prompt and the service was very good. I ordered quesadillas and my husband had some enchiladas. My criteria for good Mexican food starts with the chips and salsa - this criteria was met and exceeded. I loved my quesadilla and my husband liked his meal, too. The portions are generous and the price was reasonable.

I wish we lived closer - we'd definitely make this one of our regular stops for dinner and good Mexican food! We will make this a priority whenever we're traveling through Bakersfield.

• Visited February 2014