“Nice Pit Stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orange Grove RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bakersfield
Orange Grove RV Park
Save Saved
You added Orange Grove RV Park to your Saves list
1452 S Edison Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93307   |
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice Pit Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Heading home from Death Valley, our family spent the night at this RV Park and really enjoyed our stay. It was a little chilly for the pool but some of us went in anyways. The bathrooms were large and clean. Laundry the same. Sites were set amongst orange trees - I can still remember the beautiful scent of the orange blossoms. Too bad we didn't time it so that there were ripe oranges on the tree because I understand we would have been allowed to pick our own. However, just around the corner from the park, is a fruit stand. But.. this is not just any fruit stand. They had samples galore and they were super nice - we walked away with a 10 lb. bag of free oranges and lots of other goodies. We'll definitely stop by if our travels take us this way again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Capitola, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Orange Grove RV Park wonderful location to plan into a trip,very clean set in a orange grove. The staff are wonderful,helpful and friendly. We have had many visits traveling from the central coast of CA. To the SOuth and Southwest of USA. Orange Grove RV Park

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We found this place on accident and we just love it here. The office staff
Are the best the maintenance/Gardner is very polite. Bathrooms and laundry
Room are clean. I would highly recommend the Park.
We will return here any time we are back in town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Usually in this park in October and March for a few days over the last 3 years.
Unique setting for the RV parking in a orange grove. Owners let their customers pick the oranges and that is why we stopped yesterday. As usual for our experience, very good service at the office today. And indeed, left with a few oranges from our brief stop.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gulf Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Not only do you get warm, clean washrooms and shower blocks, a pool, all hookups, WIFI, a gym and a TV lounge, you also get oranges. In season you're allowed to pick them and they even provide orange pickers for those beauties higher up. In the lobby is a library, coffee, computer and fresh donuts brought in daily. Can camping get any better than that? Extremely popular with snowbirds heading south and returning north in the spring, it's on the top of our private campgrounds list. They even have an RV car wash

Room Tip: Choose a site well away from the highway as train and traffic sounds are the only negative about thi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Oranges and a whole bunch of helpful curtious employees. Great Wi Fi....We travel a lot and will stay here again when we are through the Bakersfield area. Review about not understanding a employee was totally uncalled for. We understood her well.. Manager was very helpful and friendly. Some people you just cant satisfy. Suppose thats the world we live in today. Too many people want everything done for them. LAZY LAZY. Orange Grove is a great place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nevada City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Our last stay
We have been going to Orange Grove RV Park in Bakersfield for nearly 20+ years. And have always enjoyed our stay there until this month. We stayed December 6-8 2013.
First thing was when we stated trying to make reservations he could hardly speak English, he could hardly understand me and I for sure could not understand him. A few days later we got a call to confirm our reservation and they had the wrong name attached to our reservation and phone number.
Upon arrival I went in to pay for our site and was rudely explained by the lady sitting at the front desk, that I could only have 1 bag of oranges when we left. I said that is strange we have never had a restriction on how many we could take. She informed me that all of “us early arrivals” take all the oranges and they have “to go out and by oranges” for the others that come in and want them. She also stated that there have been notes posted forever all over the park. Which we thought was odd being as we have never seen one sign posted in all the years we have been going there.
So, the price has gone up, we can only have 1 bag of oranges (which is what we always take….it was just her rudeness that bothered me), no more coffee & donuts.
For the two nights we stayed, we had a problem with the wifi going off & on. On the second day we called the office and were given a phone number to call. After being on the phone talking to someone from India for nearly an hour, they wanted to set up an appointment for the next day to fix it. We said goodbye and hung up. I called the office to speak to the manager, Stephanie. She was not in but her husband got on the telephone. I tried to explain to him what had happened and that we felt it was not our place to call the company to fix the entire park wifi. He stated that he had driven by our site with his laptop and could get on. I explained to him that we could not get on in our RV. He loudly and rudely said to me, “now listen here young lady, don’t get smart with me, I don’t even work here”. I wanted to say….then why are you talking to me, but chose not to. I again asked when the manager would be in, he said she was up at the house and he would go tell her to pick up the phone. I explained to her the problem with the wifi (which never did run properly) and that I also felt that her husband not being an employee should not be talking to customers, especially in the way that he did. I also explained to her how many years we had been going there and that this for sure would be our last time. I asked for the owners name and she would not give it to me. I also asked for the owners email address and said to email it to her and she would see that he got the email.
What happened to the previous owner….what happened to the nice welcoming lady that always greeted us with a smile, that used to work at the front desk….what happened to the coffee & donuts. And most of all….what happened to customers being treated kindly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Orange Grove RV Park? Share your experiences!