“Exellent Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Arizona
“Exellent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here a Friday evening while traveling through Bakersfield. Check in was very quick and friendly, The king room was standard and as expected for a Hampton Inn. After getting into the shower, I noticed the only towel we had in the entire room was one hand towel. My husband called the front desk and the gal said she would bring towels right up to the room. It probably took 45 minutes for the towels to arrive, longer than my shower. Other than that, our night's stay was great. The room, bed and linens were are very comfortable. My husband commented that the a/c unit was probably the most quiet of all the Hampton Inn's we have stayed at. If in the area, we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was greeted at the front desk by a very courteous employee. She answered all my questions and checked us in very quickly. I would stay this hotel again and highly recommend it to others. It was very clean and the complementary breakfast was better than all other hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This property is so easy to get in and out of located in a not so congested area of south Bakersfield with easy highway access. A newer property so everything looks nice and everything works well. I have stayed here more than once and am ALWAYS satisfied. Haven't tried the breakfast so I have no comments there. Internet service seems slower than expected. Cleaning crew honored the door knob hanger and didn't knock on the door or try to enter on the one day I wanted peace and quiet all day. That was nice. No one was visible at the front desk late at night. Felt anyone could enter property unnoticed and have access to upper floors. Probably have cameras everywhere but still made you feel the property was unsecured during the night. All in all,I wouldn't hesitate to book this property again and I highly recommend

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a newer hotel - and a very pleasant place to stay, though the neighborhood is kind of drab/industrial. The hotel is across the street from McDonald's and Baja Fresh, if you need a quick bite to eat. I think the fact that they wash the sheets and duvets every day is a strong selling point, as is free WiFi. Beds are comfy, bathrooms are spacious, with good quality toiletries provided. Love the adjustable showerhead. Breakfast in the morning was good, lots of healthy options like yogurt, wheat bread and fresh fruit plus eggs, waffles, etc. I really liked that when I checked out in the morning, they gave me a "goodie bag" of snacks for the day - I was very grateful, as I had 3 appointments and about 200 miles to drive that day. One note - there is (in late May) construction going on next door on the east side of the property, where I stayed - I wouldn't say it disturbed me, but it did eliminate the need for the snooze button. Despite high Marriott rewards status, I am officially a Hilton chain convert after this stay. Hampton Inns have more comfy beds, and for this frequent traveler, more reliable quality and service.

Fullerton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

1 night stay for business. As one of the newer hotels, the room and building condition were excellent. The value of the stay was excellent and there is a discount at the neighboring Denny's for registered guests. Overall, the staff were helpful and knowledgeable of the area.

Spokane, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

On this business trip I was able to relax in comfort and safety in my air conditioned room at Bakersfield, Ca with the temps in the mid 90's and not even into May yet! The hotel was within easy access to getting both on and off of highway. The only downside was the lack of "sit down" restaurants near the hotel. Coffee shops and fast food places only.

Lancaster, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a recent weekend trip to the area for a model airplane contest. It was our first stay at this particular hotel (we've stayed at Hampton Inn's before) and it was as nice as we would have expected, however the difference was this time we were able to get the room at a significant discount off the normally higher than average Hampton Inn room rate, we paid around $80, which made this stay an especially good value! We plan on staying there the next time we're going to be in town again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, CA? Share your experiences!