First the good. This property is very new & attractive. Four floors with two large elevators. Check-in was efficient & friendly. Room was clean. Very large bathroom. Unlike some newer hotel/motel layouts, the sink is in the bathroom. Flat screen TV, ,microwave, refrigerator & coffee-maker were in the room. The rooms are typical for a newer mid-level hotel - clean & modern-looking. Breakfast is included. The breakfast area is VERY large and attractive. The breakfast options were extensive (cereal, fruit, pastries, yogurt, etc.). Very reasonable rate - $104 including tax. On the slightly negative side, the property is adjacent to a highway and so there is a slight (very slight) amount of road noise - I barely noticed it. The property is also in a somewhat industrial area. Not sketchy or anything, but sort of on the outskirts of Bakersfield. As one other reviewer noted, there is a set of high-tension power lines running nearby if that sort of thing is a concern to you.
Overall, I was very pleased. So, it kind of depends on what you're looking for. I just needed a comfortable place to stay for a night and this property exceeded expectations. If you're looking for a place with ambiance, this is probably not it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand new Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield is a upgraded property with outstanding service and superior accomodations. The moment you walk into the friendly open lobby of this property, you sense the unique ambiance and quality. With 64 traditional rooms and 30 spacious suites, the inn provides high-end amenities, complete with friendly staff. Our famous Cloud Nine bedding provides ultimate in comfort for a restful sleep. We are minutes from downtown and great shopping opportunities. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield prides itself on the many dining options within walking distance, including Denny's directly adjacent to the property. All suites feature a wet bar with a microwave, and refrigerator. Our Suites are enticing to families traveling or other business travelers seeking high quality. An in-room desk and complimentary high-speed Internet access are standard. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield serves a "Hot on the House" complimentary breakfast from 6 to 10 AM daily and provides on the go breakfast bags during the week. A large meeting room with space for up to 65 suitable for corporate retreats or small meetings. Of special interest are the large outdoor heated pool and spa providing a welcome break from your long day. We also feature a fitness room, a 24-hour Business Center, a 24-hour suite shop. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield is directly off the freeway providing excellent location to downtown or other exciting stopping points in Bakersfield. We look forward to seeing you at the all new Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield...we love having you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, CA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, Ca Hotel Bakersfield
- Hampton Inn And Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, Ca