“Only problem the location” 4 of 5 stars

You added Padre Hotel to your Saves list
Padre Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1702 18th Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301   |
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
“Only problem the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We found this hotel by TA as usual and we were delighted by our choice
The hotel was excellent , the room nice and clean .
All the staff members were truly friendly and helpful with indication about were to go for dinner or other question

Only the location seemed to us not good , maybe was just out impression, as it seemed to be a not so sure zone
But it can be a wrong impression as we stayed only one night

The breakfast was not included in the rate , so we had one at the excellent 24th street cafe

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Hi Sc2111! Thank you for the review. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

From the time we checked in outstanding customer service was the norm. We had the best dinner at the Belvadere to drinks rooftop perfect sleep In the stylish clean beyond comfort rooms To all too soon check out and the valets Eli, Joe, and Hector. Thank you so much for making us feel special

• Stayed August 2014
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hi Julia S, thank you for the review! I will be sure to share your compliments with our outstanding valet team. We hope you can visit us again soon!
Piedmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I travel weekly for business throughout the weird little towns in California, always on the lookout for an alternative to the Holiday Inn Express, often dissappointed by something like the Ione Hotel and happy when I can find something like the Mission Inn in Riverside or Harris Ranch in Coalinga. I had always assumed there would be nothing in Bakersfield. But I couldn't so another Hampton Inn or Clarion, so I ventured to downtown and found the Padre, what the hell. Quite a surprise: it was chic, the sheets had to be Egyptian, the service was great and every kind of eating experience was immediately available in the hotel. Wonderful work desk in the room and details throughout were flawless.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hi Douglaskorpi, thank you for the review. I'm so happy you found us! We are looking forward to your next visit!
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Our visit began with a touch of heat stroke, that was dealt with by the staff in a unexpectedly professional & caring manner. Despite this hiccup, the remainder of our visit surpassed our expectations. The room , a "Head Honcho" suite on the 6th floor, was the biggest, plushest & best equipped of our 12-hotel California adventure. The high quality of this accommodation was amazing considering the remarkably low price we paid.
Admittedly, Bakersfield might not be first on your list of cities to visit but if for any reason you decide to go there, this is THE place to stay.

Room Tip: Head Honcho - end of.....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Dave S.

Thank you for this review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to California, despite the extreme heat! We hope you are well and enjoying the cooler weather across the pond. Cheers!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I don't leave reviews very often, not really my thing, but my recent stay with the Padre Hotel compelled me to do so. From the friendly staff who checked me in, to the great food and atmosphere of the bar, to the eventual slumber in one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, my stay was excellent.

As a Bakersfield native, I know how desperately this city needed a venue like the Padre. I have been frequenting the hotel for a few years now, and I can't say enough good about the place. If my friends and I want to go out, the Padre is almost always the go-to choice. It really is hard to compare the Padre to any other hotel/bar in town - they are just on another level.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for the review, Robert! The Padre Team enjoys hearing from our guests. We hope you can visit again and enjoy all of our fun specials this summer!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel is really nice. The exterior and lobby deliver a very contemporary feel and the decor in my room was nice as well. Overall my stay at the Padre was a good one, there were a few caveats that were a little annoying but bearable. So this is my pros and cons list:

Pros:
- courteous and friendly staff. I scheduled a wake up call at 5:30 am but had woken up a little before then and was in the shower. When I failed to pick up the phone the front desk clerk actually came up to my room and knocked on my door...what service!
- nice decor, clean and comfortable. Beds and pillows are super soft and plush (this might be a con for some who like a firmer bed).

Cons:
- the temperature in my room never got cold. Even though it said 69, it definitely felt like 78.
- the gym in the basement is a joke. It's about as small as my room and was hot as an oven when I tried working out. Called it quits after 20 min.
- parking at this hotel is non-existent so be prepared to pay the $10 a day for valet service. There is street level parking around the hotel but they tow between 2am - 4am.

I might try out the food and have some drinks tonight so I'll keep you updated on what comes out of that.

Bakersfield maybe the armpit of California but staying at the Padre definitely makes it a little more bearable.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hello Truong N, thank you for the helpful review. Your feedback regarding the room temperature and the fitness center will be addressed immediately. We appreciate the opportunity for improvement and are happy to hear the rest of your visit went well!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to find a 4 star hotel in Bakersfield when we were visiting for a wedding! This hotel exceeded expectations! From it's spectacular decor and comfort, to it's amazing service! We also loved that prices were not outrageous and everywhere you went you felt the value- whether that be in the value of the rooms themselves or the room service and dining options! The only items that were a bit on the higher end could be found at the bar. But room service certainly made up for that fact. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is willing to shell out just a bit more than the marriot that is also local with the intention of enjoying a high class luxurious stay! I'd also highly recommend it to any couples celebrating their wedding in Bakersfield as the suites are awesome! And there are some great photo ops to be had there! Any couples really will get a kick out of the massive bathrooms and huge and extremely comfortable beds. When checking in I highly recommend that you request a floor that is higher up as the night club is very noisy on the weekend.

Room Tip: At check in request a room higher up to avoid the noise from the weekend night club. Also see if any...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hi Christina! Thank you for the review and the awesome photos! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to the Padre. We hope you can come back soon!