“Honeymoon stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
London
“Honeymoon stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

A great stopover location when in California. The town of Bakersfield is great place and the Padre well designed and presented.
Great forty winks rooms with amenities and great value.
Living in the UK Padre and Bakersfield isn't well know it could be.
Downside is no prices put on bottles of water in the room and nothing written in info in room.
Not much noise and a great sleep
Upon leaving the valet ignored us shame as night before was great.
The Framacie cafe has a great offer but after waiting five minutes to be recognised let alone served our long journey ahead was left without breakfast, we walked out.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hi JM19007, and thank you for your review and feedback! It's great to hear you enjoyed your sleep in our luxurious, super soft Isoform beds. I'm sorry to hear that the valet and Farmacy service left you wanting more. These issues will be addressed immediately and used as a learning experience for everyone. If you're ever in the states again, please let me know so I can accommodate all of your needs during your visit. Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Padre!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Johnstown, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I just recently enjoyed 3 nights at the Padre Hotel in Bakersfield, CA. This hotel had excellent service and style. Excellent service on all accounts but an extra big shout out to our night valet, Chris Kuhn. I would stay in this hotel again without a doubt. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hi Dan P! Thank you for the 5 star review! I'll be sure to share your sentiments with Chris. Hope you can visit again soon!
Long Beach CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed at this hotel before and stayed again recently while on business in the Central Valley. I really like this hotel… I do. The rooms are quite spacious and well appointed. The times that I’ve stayed at this hotel, the rooms have always been very clean and refreshed. Of major importance, the BED !!! Very comfortable. I could stay all day in their beds. The pillows are plentiful and also very comfortable. There is a decent size cable flat screen TV in the room. I think about driving there on a late Saturday and sleeping in on Sunday morning.

I gave this 3 stars for two (2) reasons. First, the light in the bathroom is quite dim. Couldn’t see myself shave and work my hair. Not sure why you want to keep the lighting low and especially if you get a lot of business people coming through? Maybe a light dimmer?

The other reason and the one that irked me the most, the service at the bar area. I was there on a Sunday afternoon. The woman (fairly tall – thin) woman was one of the worst. Spent most of her time talking to co-workers at the corner of the bar. The place wasn’t that crowded and especially with football playoff happening. I had to get up several times to ask for a drink. I also had to get up and ask for a menu. The bar-back was a good guy, but it was out of his control. I also bought a round of drinks for people around me, and she seemed to be unwilling to assist. I had dinner at the bar and that was just okay. But, I was really put off by the service at the bar – she was not friendly nor helpful. Why is she there?

Would I recommend the hotel? Absolutely. But, I would also recommend going elsewhere for a drink and/or dinner.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hello Quaniz7, and thank you for the review and your feedback! We certainly do have the most luxurious beds that Bakersfield has to offer, they will guarantee a wonderful night's sleep. We do offer vanity mirrors with lighted frames in each bathroom to brighten the ambience lighting. I am sorry to hear your experience in the Brimstone Bar was less than perfect. These concerns have been brought to the attention of the Food and Beverage Director for immediate resolution, and I can guarantee on your next visit your experience will be absolutely wonderful.
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

What a gem in downtown Bakersfield! My husband and I live here, and we recently had the chance to stay here during a company function. What a treat. Every inch of this hotel is unique and authentic - from the lore of it's haunted past (look for the haunted handprint) to it's modern/updated feel, everything about this hotel is fun, fresh and tastefully done. You feel like you aren't in Bakersfield anymore but you are in the heart of downtown.

The Padre's restaurants and bars have excellent menus - among the best in town. The hotel has a fun roof top bar and a packed out dance/club room.

The rooms are really gorgeous and you get a taste of luxe for a bargain price.

Stay here for a nice, unique, tasteful experience.

Room Tip: It was fun to have a room facing North with a view of the vintage Fox Theatre.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you, Kevinandlara, for the review! We are so happy that you chose the Padre for a "staycation" during the holidays. We love to have fun promotions throughout the year so be sure to check out our website or Facebook page to stay updated on special packages. We would love to have you visit again!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I have traveled quite a bit internationally and never have encountered a more genuine and caring staff. After a bit of a chaotic night three of the employees, Joe, Anthony P., and Chris K., took it upon themselves to keep an eye on my friends and I and made sure we were safe. At the end of the night they went above and beyond to make sure we were well taken care of. Their level of commitment made me feel like family. Thanks guys for a wonderful expierence!

• Stayed January 2014
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello Melissa_taylor, and thank you for the review! Our exceptional staff is what really makes us stand out from all other hotels. I hope you were able to enjoy everything the Padre has to offer. Come visit us again soon!
Salida, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

So this is my first stay in Bakersfield with my girlfriend and best friends and we decided to go to a concert and stay at the Padre Hotel for the night. Just when I thought this night couldn't get any better, it did! We're hungry at 2am knowing there's a nightclub downstairs and a very busy staff, when we heard there was a short supply of sandwiches, this specific employee named Chris Kuhn went above and beyond to satisfy us 100% at our stay at this beautiful hotel. He made us sandwiches on the spot and delivered it in such a short time, very polite and respectful. He talked to us for a short bit and is a very pleasant person. The room itself is very well decorated and CLEAN! I've never slept in a bed this comfortable in my entire life. The tv is XBOX 360 compatible, the nightlife is very energetic. 10/10 would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hi ThisAbeKid, thank you for the wonderful review! Catching a concert and then staying at the Padre is the best way to enjoy Bakersfield. Our staff always strives to go above and beyond to ensure every guest experience is top knotch. Chris is no exception to that! We hope you can visit us again soon, maybe visit on a Thursday when Bakersfield Unplugged is going down in the Prospect Lounge? We have great local talent that is showcased every Thursday night and we often feature some delicious drink specials as well. See you soon!
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms, great peak a boo glass showers and Excellent service from staff member Chris Kuhn. Modern style furniture and nice big LCD TVs. Nice in hotel bar, restaurant and entertainment. Second level rooftop bar with flaming firepit. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone in the Bakersfield area.

• Stayed January 2014
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello NHTraveller123! Thank you for taking the time to write your review. As the only boutique hotel in Bakersfield, the Padre definitely takes luxury seriously. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and hope you can come back soon!

Been to Padre Hotel? Share your experiences!