“Nice Motel, very friendly staff, good rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Studio 6 Extended Stay Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6141 Knudsen Drive, Bakersfield, CA 93308   |
Ranked #41 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice Motel, very friendly staff, good rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed there as a family with two little children for several nights. The rooms are spacious, the small kitchen adequate to cook a simple meal. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Agawam, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Studio 6 for one night on our trip from Las Vegas to Sequoia National Park on 9/26/13. When one towel looked as if there was grease on it, I brought it to the desk and said that I thought the towel missed inspection-not a big deal. Later when I pulled back the bedspread i was shocked to see sheets that were dirty with hair on them. That was no mistake. Someone was too lazy to change the sheets. I went to the desk and had them change everything from the mattress cover to the bedspread. We stayed at many budget hotels on our 3 week trip and this is the only one that was not clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Extended Stay Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Chris T,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We were in Bakersfield for a wedding and searched for a hotel that was close to the wedding venue...this was right next door. I wasn't expecting much, so it took me by surprise how nice the room was. There was a microwave, fridge, and even a stove. There were three adults staying in the room and, though the room wasn't huge, it didn't seem cramped either. The bed was also quite comfortable. One complaint that I did have was regarding the AC. We followed the directions and could not get the unit to turn on, so I woke up hot during both nights of my stay. Also, they have vending machines that offer meals such as Dinty Moore and cup of soup, but have no plastic utensils to offer guests. My husband ended up trying to use stirring straws as chop sticks. Had I known about the stove and/or vending machines we would have brought cooking gear and utensils. Aside from these things I would definitely recommend Studio 6 as a good place to stay in Bakersfield.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

We knew more or less what to expect but were pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome and friendliness of the staff.
The room was okay and well soundproofed from the trucks that obviously tend to park up overnight next door. We used it as a base to head off the Death Valley the next morning. It was more than fine.

• Stayed August 2011
Tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Checked in for an extended stay, checked out after one night. Roomy and clean but just a motel 6 w/ a small kitchen. If you have stayed at Motel 6 you know what I'm talking about. Might be good for a budget short stay but for an extended stay quite depressing. 1000 year old tv, no iron, no closet. About as spartan as you can get. Truck stop neighborhood.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Lebanon, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this new Studio 6 in Bakersfield because I had business in the area early the next day.

I made my reservation directly through the front desk and that saved me a few dollars opposed to calling the main reservation line.

We chose this hotel mainly because of the price, the availability of having a complete working kitchen, and because they allow dogs no matter what size they are.

Upon arriving to the hotel, we were greeted by Christine who we found out is the daughter of the lovly lady who works the mornings, Martha.

The room has no thrills or fancy painting or massage chairs, but what do you expect for $52.99 a night?

My wife and I very much enjoyed how clean and how well maintained the hotel was. The hotel has a TON of channels on the tv, the bathooms are large, and they have free wifi throughout the hotel.

The only negatives about the hotel are they advertise online and in the hotel of having completely stcked kitchens, however we found out through the management that local health authorities made them take all the pots, pans, and silverware out. We brought out own, but management should get that advertising fixed.

I don't know if it's a standard of motel 6 chains to not offer shampoo and other things of that nature, but we only had two bars of soap in our room. No shampoo, conditioner, or other common items you would fine in other chains. It was no biggie for us because we brought out own travel sized stuff anyways.

Overall, for the price you can expect to be very suprised by the cleanliness, helpfulness of the staff, and overall condition of the hotel being excellent.

• Stayed August 2010
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

Still smells a bit stinky because of recent completion, so if you have chemical sensitivities don't stay here. Room door locks don't work most of the time unless you swipe them "just right" ... front desk personnel say the locks are a problem. We paid for a QUEEN room but got a DOUBLE (not QUEEN) bed. Other than that, the place is very nice, very close to highway (but we experienced only minimal sound). Walls are NOT very soundproof, however.

Most Motel 6 locations have a hair dryer you can borrow ... this one does not.
There are no hangers in the rooms yet.
Fridge makes a TON of noise (low rating because of that).

Because of new-paint-carpet-outgassing smell, I would not recommend this to friends. But if you don't care about that, it's probably ok to stay here. However, others nearby are probably a little better value.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Extended Stay Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the new Studio 6 Bakersfield. Please be assured that the items listed in your review have been resolved and we have been receiving great comments from our guests. We look forward to your next stay when visiting Bakersfield.

Been to Studio 6 Extended Stay Airport? Share your experiences!