“If you have to visit Bakersfield!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Bakersfield

You added Comfort Suites Bakersfield to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Bakersfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3115 Camino Del Rio Court, Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly Baymont Inn and Suites Bakersfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Riverside, California
“If you have to visit Bakersfield!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Bakersfield isn't normally a "vacation destination," so when I came with my husband on a business trip I wanted to stay in a nice hotel for around $100 a night. I was so happy with my room - looks completely new! I reserved a room with a king bed, but also got a sitting area with pull-out bed. It also has a ceiling fan and great air conditioner. The mattress was a bit firm for me, but not really a big deal. Also, the toilet seat looked oddly out of place since it was actually the only thing in the room that looked old lol! Breakfast was great, everyone who worked here was very pleasant, and has an outdoor pool. My 8 year old was upset the jacuzzi wasn't on, but when it's 105 outside I suspect not many people would use it! Would def stay here again. We were on the 3rd floor and everything was quiet. We paid about $105 night before tax. It's also walking distance to several restaurants/fast food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sutter Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites brand in several locations and at the Bakersfield location many times in the past. It was getting a little worn looking last time we stayed but this time they had done a complete renovation of the lobby, breakfast area and the guest rooms. I have to say it was a first class renovation with new furniture paint carpet and more. The staff was extremely helpful and the facility looked brand new. The bed was as comfortable as our own bed at home, the sitting area was also very comfortable and the 40in TV was a bonus. we arrived without reservations and were accommodated with out any trouble at all. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We like the 3rd floor away from the elevator.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am fairly critical when reviewing hotels, but not this one. It is in the process of being remodeled, but you wouldn't know it. (worker does work outside and carries in to the single room he's working on). Our room was so new that the lamps were covered in plastic, as was the fold-out bed in the sofa, and you could smell the new carpet. Everything in the room was new and nice. The bathroom was large and had a full-length counter, which is nice when traveling with family. All of the staff was friendly. The elevator wasn't working when we checked out, but the manager offered to carry our bags down for us.
Our only complaint is that the pool is out of service right now due to some ADA conflict. My kids were so disappointed to get there and not be able to swim. If that's important to you, you may want to call ahead and see if it's all good now.
Breakfast could've been restocked a little quicker, but there is lots of room to sit and the variety is pretty good.
For the price, you can not beat this hotel. We had a wonderful stay.

Silverlake, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everything about this facility was great. The staff went out of their way to accommodate my wife who has a temporary handicap and can not manage stairs nor walk any distance. Did not use the Spa. The morning breakfast was great. Room was kept clean and neat every minute

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fontana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The good service started when I called for reservations. Robin answered the phone, she was polite and very helpful. When I'd mentioned I was coming up to visit with my mom & grandson for my daughter's baby shower she asked if I needed any special accomodations for her like being close to an elevator etc. Never had anyone ask that before.
The room was very clean which is a make or break deal for me. The breakfast had a good selection and they kept it well stocked. It would have been nice if it was served until 10:00 instead of 9:00 as the weekends are for sleeping in :-)
Everyone was very friendly and the place was generally quiet. When I checked in, Robin happened to be at the front desk and must have remembered our phone conversation when she saw my name as she asked me about the soon to arrive grandbaby. Nice when people treat you like a person and not just a room number. I will be coming back to this hotel when my grandbaby arrives!
Candy
- Fontana, CA

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Not only was the stay comfortable but clean like a new hotel. I was not expecting the crystal chandelier or the balcony upon entry, I was pleasantly surprised. We have stayed at several hotels surrounding this one but never thought to look at this one. We are so glad we did. We are definitely comming back to stay. We walked to the Hungry Hunter for our anniversary dinner, that was very nice. There is a Cosco near by so we got some stuff there. This is a great location.

Room Tip: We had the top floor which had a nice view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great value... Great hotel... Great staff. My only complaint was that there was someone's underwear stuck in the couch. The room was clean otherwise. I would stay again as I thought this was a Big Bang for your buck.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Comfort Suites Bakersfield? Share your experiences!