“Don't pay cash here, unless you want to pay twice!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #45 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Walnut Creek, California
“Don't pay cash here, unless you want to pay twice!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

Double charged me for my room. I paid cash upon departure where I was handed a very dubious receipt that very conveniently does not indicate how I paid. Of course I don't notice this until I am having to dispute the charge with my credit card company. Staff won't give their names or return calls. They have been beyond frustrating and just plain rude.

Other than that - the place is not that clean, the breakfast is average but the area is quite dirty, but it has a good location. Overall, no bueno. I highly recommend that you not pay cash here, unless of course, you would like to pay twice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
RamadaLtdCentral, Manager at Ramada Limited Bakersfield Central, responded to this review, January 2, 2011
Our records do not show that cash was paid. Even the receipt that you were given at check-out (the one that you say doesn't show how payment was made) shows that you paid with a credit card. The owner was the one who checked you out. The records have been sent to the credit card company and they'll be dropping the case. AAA has also dropped the case. I don't think that you're trying to get a free room, but I know that we haven't charged you twice. The cash drop from the morning you checked out was balanced. I'm thinking that maybe you misremember what happened that morning, or have us mixed up with another property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Union City, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

I would not recommend anyone to stay at this place EVER! They are overpriced and filthy. When I asked for a refund I was told sorry about your luck. This place was unclean, unsafe and unreasonable. Looks like it was filled with crackheads staying in the rooms. The toilets were filthy, the electrical was a ran as if a fire was waiting to happen and the manager Vic is very unaccomedating! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Marietta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We called this hotel from our AAA book as we were driving toward Las Vegas. (Until now, I have trusted AAA) They had rooms at what I now know was a "too cheap" rate for good reason.
The floors were so nasty that I didn't even want to walk on them with my shoes on. Not only was the carpet badly soiled and sticky, it had not even been vacuumed and was actually covered with litter! The tub was permanently stained with black film like the sinks you often see in gas stations! I needed to iron, but my ironing board had a dirty cover hanging loosely with no pad. I borrowed the one next door from our friends who were traveling with us. Hers had a pad, but it was so stained and nasty I had to cover it with a towel- a scarce commodity as we were only given 2 thin towels, 2 washcloths and 1 hand towel. Even the irons were dirty. I made the mistake of opening the fridge and nearly lost dinner! When we left the next morning, the flies were horrible and swarming around the parking lot. We had guaranteed our rooms with credit cards and arrived late in the evening after a long day of driving, but I still wish we had left and gone somewhere else. (Also wished I had been able to access Trip Advisor from the car before reserving, as I usually do!) There was slow internet available that went away after an hour or so. My husband called the office and asked them to reboot their system, which they did, and it came back on. In their defense, the man from the office even came and knocked on the door to see if it was working. (A phone call would have been my preference, of course, since we were already lying in bed.) The sheets seemed to be clean, but the blanket and spread were NOT. The ice machine was working, but you actually had to use your room key to access it - something I've never seen. Do not stay at this hotel if you can avoid it. I have complained to Ramada, and I'm also going to notify AAA that they need to take another look at this place. I don't understand how they could possibly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I was in Bakersfield on business for 5 nights in March. This hotel is rundown, gross and distgusting in general. As the previous reviewer mentioned, this is definitely not the safest area due to prostitutes,pimps and dealers loitering around the vicinity. You can find much nicer places to stay in Bakersfield for the same, if not less, price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
So. California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

We traveled to Bakersfield for a soccer tournament - and this hotel was one of the few that had 15 rooms available for the team (we should have known there was a reason for that). This hotel was absolutely filthy - dirty sheets, toilets that hadn't been cleaned in years, and a horrible musty odor in all the rooms. To add insult to injury, we found out that the area surrounding the hotel is known as a high prostitution area - not a great place to bring families. Those of us who could find a room at another hotel left - even though the hotel management refused to refund our money. Those families who stayed went to the Target down the street and purchased cleaning supplies and clean sheets. We are filing a formal complaint with the RAMADA corparation and the AAA.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2008

I've stayed at this property twice a month for 6 years and it's been a great experience every time. The staff treat you like family and go out of their way to make you comfortable. Wifi and ethernet always worked fine for me (a must because I'm usually on business). I'm a little confused by the other two reviews. I only have nice things to say about the Ramada Limited Central in Bakersfield, CA. I've recommended to many friends, family, and clients and will continue to. Just checked out this morning and I'll be there again in a week and a half. Keep up the good work!

• Liked — The staff and the amenities.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

We stayed 1 night in July. When we saw our room we were quite simply shocked. The people at the desk had conflicting stories why the ice machine was broken, why there was no hot water. The windows, walls, carpets, doors both inside and out were filthy. I contacted AAA about this property. In a written letter back to me they said. We are aware that the property is not up to out standards. We gave the property owner a warning in October of 2007. They have one year to comply. Umm hello. this is July of 2008. I thought I could trust AAA. But obviously not.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ramada Limited Bakersfield Central? Share your experiences!