“Really good BBQ, Just OK service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Doing business, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Edmonton, Canada
“Really good BBQ, Just OK service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went to Famous Daves while in Bakersfield for work. I have been to other famous Daves before and have always enjoyed the food, I had the burnt ends and ribs and both were very tasty. They were tender, had a good smokey taste and the sauce was great. I really like the choice of sides, I got the grilled pineapple and it was awesome. Overall the food was as good as I was expecting it to be. The only downside was it took over 45 minutes to get my food, it wasn't too busy and it's BBQ so it's already cooked, i'm not sure why it took so long but it was worth the wait.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bakersfield, California
“Good But Average Chain Q”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

It is not without note that there are 2 LOCAL BBQ restaurants rated above Famous Dave's. The local places do it much better, but then local fare often does do it better than a chain. That said, I enjoyed my meal but at least 2 others did not. I knew that the servings were much, much too large for me to deal with. I watch my weight and use portion control. I am the kind of person who will eat it, if its in front of me. To combat the huge portions, I ordered a burnt tips sandwich with fries and added the grilled pineapple side. I took the top off the sandwich and just ate the meat. Fries were horrible, the enjoyed the tips, and the grilled pineapple was wonderful. I would go back, but order the broccoli instead of the fries. I love that you can choose your side from a fairly long list.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Worth the trip from England!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We made a special stop in Bakersfield to eat here on our USA trip and we were not disappointed. The welcome from Keyla was so warm, friendly and professional (she is a real star!). We had the ribs and hey we're so good my son actually ordered another portion - I was stuffed after the first!

This is a great place serving really delicious food. We also appreciated the manageress coming over to talk to us to sort out a slight problem we had with the starter.

Visited August 2013
San Leandro, California
“FEAST,FEAST,FEAST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were a party of 5 1/2 and walked in and they quickly gave us a table. We ordered the feast. There is enough for party of 8, It was cheaper than ordering person by person. The food was awesome, the service was good and even the manager stop by to see if everything was fine. Poor guy must of been short handed because even he was running food out to customers. We love this place and we can't wait for them to open up the one in Hayward, CA.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Fun restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a chain,, but don't hold that against them. They have very good BBQ and a wide selection of barbecue sauces, ranging from super mild to fairly hot. There is lots of fun decor to look at and you won't go away hungry, as the portions are quite generous. They also have a good wait staff. We had a small family reunion here not long ago and had a wonderful time!

• Visited September 2012