“Very clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Brisbane, Australia
“Very clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Travelled to Bakersfield from LA on the 12th of June 2013 with my wife and daughter. We had made a reservation in advance at this motel back home in Australia via the net and it was easy to find. Access is easy by road and there is ample free parking around the motel. Check-in was quick and easy with a friendly gentleman on the front desk. We had a room on level 3 as I recall. Rooms are spacious and clean, two queen beds in our suite with a good ensuite. Internet was free a big plus with this motel. The motel appears pretty new and its close to the local airport. There is some noise from jets but nothing that causes an issue. The only negative with this motel was noise from the room above. This is not unique to this hotel, just about all motels only need a person above you to walk to the bathroom and you get the obligatory thud...thud....thud. Nonetheless, this was a very nice hotel, friendly staff and a reasonable rate. I would certainly stay here again so thats a good indicator of the quality

Room Tip: No special advice, try the top floor to avoid thumping from above.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here on a drive from Albuquerque to Sacramento for the 4th of July holiday. It was a great rest stop on the way. The rooms were clean, cool, and very comfortable. It was also very close to a Toyota delaership where we were able to have our car serviced.

Cypress, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was intended as just a quick stopover with my dog (no extra charge!) and teen daughter on my way to San Francisco. I was pleasantly surprised to find clean, quiet and freshly contemporary accomodations throughout the facility. We were greeted by friendly and efficient hotel staff and freshly baked cookies. It was also nice to find hot coffee, fresh fruit and the juice machine available 24/7. The complementary hot breakfast was more than ample with warm egg and cheese omelets, sausage, freshly cut sweet fruit, a waffle maker, oatmeal and fresh pastries. I requested a late checkout to do some work with the free internet connection and nice work space in my room. There was a nice doggie green belt around the hotel so I could slip outside and feel safe no matter the hour. The only thing possibly lacking was the small outdoor pool area, but it was so hot outside that I'm sure any opportunity to cool off would be welcomed.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I decided to book one night at this hotel since my cousin and I were going to a concert at the BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS ANPHITHEATER in Bakersfield (beautiful venue as well surrounded by a 3 acre lake and a river running through the whole park); we checked in on a hot Saturday afternoon and it was a great choice because the hotel is very clean, the room with two queen beds is just perfect for two travelers and a nice flat screen tv and a spacious bathroom.
We were welcome by a very nice front desk employee; I was given my AAA discount and also told about the free breakfast and free wi-fi. The beds are so clean and everything smells wonderful inside the room that we slept like babies that night. The area feels safe and the hotel parking lot is well that we felt extremely confortable inside and outside the hotel area. We will stay here on our next Bakersfield adventure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

First time stay at a Hampton Inn & Suites; LONG time traveler. Very pleasant stay; property is obviously well managed. Staff very courteous and helpful. Room was large, well appointed, and every amenity from the LARGE LCD TV to the included Wi-Fi connection, worked flawlessly.
One of the highlights of the stay was the included breakfast. This breakfast was a step above the majority of included "breakfasts" most overnight stay hotels throw in... This was due in large part to the quality of the hot breakfast items such as hickory-smoked Canadian bacon, fresh scrambled eggs, farm-fresh fruit and just-made hot oatmeal, but more importantly to the breakfast buffet area attendant; Maria. She was one of the most friendly, attentive attendants our family has ever seen in this capacity. She was CONSTANTLY stirring, cleaning, freshening, re-stocking, and generally keeping the different stations of the breakfast in just-laid-out condition. She even replaced the Otis Spunkmeyer-branded muffin immediately after my daughter took one from the stacked tray display. Management should take note of her conscientious efforts. It is obvious she takes a great deal of pride in her duties!
Location; Very easy access right off I-5, but the downside is that there are not a lot of choices other than fast food for restaurant choices close-by but Subway sufficed after a long day.
We will definitely add this to our I-5 corridor list of good places to stop en-route to/from Oregon/California. Pet-friendly.

Room Tip: We had a "Suite" room on the ground floor close to the pool on the East side. Very conven...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Hamptons are usually nice quality and this was no exception. large breakfast room. clean and spacious room where We slept very comfortably. it was difficult to get into their parking area, but that could just be us. We ordered pizza too out room because we were too tired to go out. friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2013
sacramentp, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I just completed your survey, why do I have to put in another 200 characters in my review when I have already spent more than enough time completing your review. As you can see from my input. I gave your hotel above average ratings in all categories. HOWEVER, now that I must add more to this review in order to submit it I give your organization a negative one in my having to write up some more crap in order to meet your 200 character request so I can finally complete this review.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple