“A favorite for me..” 5 of 5 stars

Fayetteville, Arkansas
18 attraction reviews
“A favorite for me..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Surprise to me, Cossatot has not received all glowing reviews, but perhaps that’s because I just met Cossatot for the first time last year and don’t have any basis of comparison - how it ‘used to be.’ This might be my favorite state park in AR. However, last time I was there, I noticed a bit of litter.. plastic bottles and a dirty diaper near the falls. The Cossatot River is incredibly sensitive.. why on earth would/could anyone be so inconsiderate potentially causing permanent damage? That aside, I can’t get enough of the falls. There’s a gravel logging road that you must take to get up there which is only about 5 miles long, but expect a bumpy and long ride. Campsites at the falls are incredible.. nicely groomed and large. One of these days I’ll get back down there.. the dog has been begging me.

Visited September 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Not the Arkansas camping that I grew up in”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I went to Cossatot State Park 9/21 - 9/23 2012. The water was low and very stinky upon entering and getting out. The rangers know nothing about the River Trail. They told us it was 5 miles from the visitor center and it ended up being 7 miles back to our campsite. They could not tell us the best leg because they said that they were too old to trek it. It was a very rugged trail, but one of the rangers that said that was 25! My friend and i spoke with 2 different rangers on the phone before going and they knew little about the campsites and trails. They do not allow drinking alcohol near the river even in cups and spied on our campground and saw that we had some alcohol. My friend had a flat, and they told us Walmart was not open on Sunday, so we did not get our AAA to tow the truck. We got another friend to drive us in town and then found out it was open. They missed out on the entire day dealing with the tire when it could have been towed and fixed. Really bad experience, we all got these tiny ticks, hundreds of them on our feet. We all wore socks and shoes.

Visited September 2012
Huntington, Arkansas
16 attraction reviews
“Needed more water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great for photographers when the water is up, I went there 3 times this year and found it pleasent to photograph, just wish there was more water. the gravel and dirt roads could use some asphalt and better signs..

Visited June 2012
Vandervoort
4 attraction reviews
“Cossatot River”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am a local, I have had acess to this area all my life, the state came in, took over, now I am told when I am allowed to visit this beautiful creation from god. What gave them the right???

Visited August 2012
Wake Village, Texas, United States
7 attraction reviews
“rainy days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Well it rained for two days off and on, but we managed and we were camping so it rain all the time/ f