“Just don't do it.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in West Memphis
West Memphis, Arkansas
“Just don't do it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Really ZERO stars (although I didn't see the inside of a room). I am a member of the military, and I was traveling from VA to TX. I had made a reservation here about a week in advance. On the phone I asked if it was okay to use a different card to pay for the room than the one I was using to make the reservation. The answer was yes. Upon arrival the general manager was at the front desk - her name is Mina. I went to check in and was asked to present ID and credit card. I handed her my ID and credit card info on paper. Now I know this seems sketchy, but I wanted to use a different credit card than the one I was physically carrying. I had all the info written on a piece of paper. She said flat out "no", that she couldn't accept this. Things started to get escalated when I reminded her that I had called about this situation explicitly. Basically, things got escalated to the point that she refused to honor my reservation, and I said I was going to call Best Western to complain. I took one of her cards and sat down in the lobby to call the company. Upon seeing me do this she said I needed to leave because I wasn't staying there anymore. I said "Are you kidding me?" to which she responded "Get your a** out of here!". To say the least I was flabbergasted. Never in my years of dealing with bad customer service had it gotten that low. I gladly walked out and called Best Western in the parking lot to complain vehemently. I hope this woman is fired. After I filed a complaint, I called another nearby hotel to see if they would charge a room without a physical credit card. Yes, of course they could. I do understand and respect security precautions - heck, I'm in the military. But when a manager of a hotel starts a yelling match and cusses at you, it's time to leave. To be honest, it's actually a blessing in disguise this happened - the hotel is right beside the highway and behind a large truck stop... Thanks for reading this rant. I hope Best Western will do something about such a disrespectful employee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at BW all over the country. Usually they are a good value and clean place to stay with a good rewards system. Cleanliness a Zero. There were long black hairs in the bathroom, in the towels. We had to clean the bathroom again ourselves. When we got fresh towels there were long black hairs in them. The room had a musty smell. The iron needed to be replaced. The TV sound was poor. I don't recommend staying here. We won't again.

• Stayed October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The lady at the front desk was rude! For 90 / a night it just did not stack up to all the other best westerns i have stayed at! It said it was remodled just looks as if painted the bathroom tile had a chip in it and I found dirt on the tub. The bed was nice though. There is lots of noise from the trucks and hwy.

Room Tip: all seem to be noisy!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Collierville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We never even made it to the room! Booked on a discount website and called right away to request non smoking room with two beds as we had our daughter with us. The woman at the front desk was so rude and she insisted I had requested a king bed smoking room (not so). Discount site rep called her for me and didn't get any where either. We showed up at the hotel hoping we could resolve the issue and front desk clerk gave us the same argument and said she wouldn't rent the room to us. The hotel was clearly empty. Lobby was like a sauna as noted in other reviews. Discount site was able to cancel our reservation based on front clerk actions. As we walked out the door, clerk yelled "What do you want me to do with this reservation?" I will never, ever go back to this place.

Room Tip: Don't even bother going here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Checked in at 10 pm... Last non smoking room available in area.... Walked into a sauna! The room temperature had to be close to 100. Leaving and checking into another nearby hotel wasn't an option as we had been traveling 14 hours that day and the next major city (little rock) was another 2 hour drive.(although we couldn't fall asleep for a few hours until the room started cooling down so we probably would of been better off driving) Also woke up to a few bug bites on my ankles?!?! We're not fussy people... Just wanted a cool room with a clean bed....FAIL When checking out I mentioned our complaints and the front desk said the cleaning staff turns the air off when finished cleaning the room...

• Stayed August 2012
Villa Park, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was on route home from Texas. I called the hotel and asked if it was a truck stop hotel. I was told NO. After checking the reviews I did have mixed feelings but thought I would take a chance. We checked in with no problems. The hotel doesn't have an elevator and our room was on the 2nd floor. Got to the room and open the curtain. What did I see? TONS of trucks right outside the back. OK they were not running but they were there. We decided to wait it out. About an hour later the LIGHTS go OUT! It is 93 degrees, its dark and now we don't have air. We were told it was only going to be about 15 minutes. Well that turned into an hour 1/2. It's now time to go to bed and now what do we here - you guessed it TRUCKS running all night long!!!! The air conditioner sound became louder as it ran and one would think the trucks and air conditioner were completing for sound. The rooms are small, yet tiddy. The rooms are old and have shown so wear but could definitely use some updating. The outdoor pool is bombarded by the noise of the running trucks so I wouldn't't call that too healthy.

When we checked out NOTHING was said about the inconveniece of the previous night, no thank you for staying, or offering of discount! The customer service is horrible. There are other hotels in the area and I will definitely look into those the next time I'm in the area. What would have satisfied me was at least some discount for the 1 1/2 of no air.

Room Tip: Not sure if any room would be away from the trucks but you can try. The hotel is small with only two...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

While on a road trip with my family, we decided to stop because it was getting late and we have kids. Although we are from Texas and used to high temperatures, the rooms were 110 degrees. After 2 hrs. in the room we still could not sleep because of the temp. We called the front office to ask if we could change to another room with a working AC. The manager was EXTREMELY rude, borderline crazy, towards us and came to out room (2:00 a.m.) wearing her pajamas and with her two children! She, along with her two children, barged into the room, snooping around and began yelling the air was working and if we were not happy with the room we would have to speak to the police! At this point I was in complete disbelief of the situation. Ten minutes later 2 cops were at our door and apologized to us for the situation. They asked if they could check the A.C. told us that unfortunately to save money the manager keeps the air off all week, month, and that it definitely was not working. Then they told us they could not believe the manager had called them and wasted their time and recommended we contact Best Western corporate office to complain about the manager. Horrible, horrible experience, unfortunately Corporate could not do much as these inns are independently owned. After weeks of telling and retelling our experience to various people at corporate they told us they would send us a Best Western 50 dollar card. Sickening!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN West Memphis Inn? Share your experiences!