“Not great, but get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in West Memphis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Southwold, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed here several times now an found everthing to be okay
My big issue was that i did not like being lied to by a lazy receptionist. (Early morning about 0700)
I mistakenly thought that we had only one towel in the room. I went to the reception desk and he tried to tell me to come back later as there were no clean towels available, when i pushed him and said i needed another one now he finally went to a room which was full of towels. He just did not want to do anything.
Other staff were good when we reported a defect in the bathroom it was sorted by the time we returned in the evevning

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This Super 8 was away from the downtown area. The heater did not work and it was fairly cool that night. The towels were stained but laundered. The room cleaning was sloppy; (we found paper left from someone else still in the bathroom.) The breakfast was OK but the room was extremely small.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 7/29/12 it was late so we went here because we didn't want to stay in the city. When I went in to get the room it smelled like downy freshner so my first instinct was that this was a clean hotel...(NOT)...We got our room and since it was late we just went to sleep. When I got up the next morning I looked around the room the walls were dirty and behind the tv stand on the wall and ceiling looked like BLOOD!! I looked behind the bed and there was paper and wrappers behind the it and the nightstand not to mention went in the bathroom and the walls were dirty and along the bottom of the doorway was just nasty!! My husband went to get a iron 3X's and none of them worked they said they had just burned out. So when asked about a refund the manager said she couldn't give us one because we should have let them know the night before what type of problems there was. I advised her that it was late and we were tired and she still said "NO". However she did say she would give us a discount at their sister hotel with a jacuzzi which was across the interstate, so I asked can we see the room 1st before we give our credit card info she did say we could do that. We went to the other hotel/motel which was the KINGS INN and the name didn't match the room! We went into the room with the jacuzzi and it was STINKY and MOLDY SMELLING and the RUGS and COMFORTER was dirty and old looking! So I let them know we didn't want that room they let us see another room and the same thing applied!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN AND GLAD WE DIDN'T STAY AT THE SISTER ONE EITHER!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel and don't take the sister one for a discount either!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
La Place
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Sadly, this place seems to be going down. It is not as well-kept or clean as it was as recently as last year (2011). It would not take too much effort or money to get it back in top shape, though. There were weeds in the landscaping, lots of finger and hand prints on the front lobby door glass, no syrup available the next morning for the waffles, and the room was a bit on the grimy side, especially the bathroom. There was no clock in the room.

I did like the good tv, cool AC, and the in-room mini fridge.

The price, $45.27 (after tax) was good, of course, but they charged me $1.00 for "unlimited phone use". The night desk lady said she was going to remove the charge, but this was not done. I would probably see what other hotels are available in West Memphis if I'm ever in the area again. Maybe, they'll get things back in good shape soon enough. RJT

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 West Memphis? Share your experiences!