“View the room BEFORE paying!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 West Memphis
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2501 South Service Road, West Memphis, AR 72301   |
Ranked #13 of 19 hotels in West Memphis
Batavia, Iowa, United States
“View the room BEFORE paying!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We made reservations for 2 nights at this location. (I always stay at Motel 6). Traveling my husband and I, our son, and our dog. .After we paid at check-in we went to our room. When we unlocked the door we couldn't get the door open because the handle was so loose (broken which didn't make me feel safe at all). When my husband finally got it open we walked in with our bags and stuff. The 2 beds were squeezed into the tiniest hotel room I have ever seen. One bed pushed against a wall, the other pushed up against the AC unit which makes it hard for me to see how they cleaned the room and linens properly.

The bathroom had 2 big stains on the floor (disgusting), a dead bug in the shower, mold in the grout, the sink was nasty, and there was what appeared to be a pubic hair on a folded wash cloth.

The AC unit had dust hanging off of it (touching the bed... yuck)... the controls you have to touch were sticky and gross and inside where the air comes out you could see dust among other things... people have to breathe that in. Super unhealthy.

Yes I took pictures!!!! When they started being butts about it, I decided I needed to take some pictures to verify my claims with corporate office.

I was in shock to learn we would be charged $2.99/24 hours for internet. EVERY other hotel in the same area (Econo Lodge, Knights Inn etc) all offer FREE WiFi... hell even MCDONALDS has FREE wifi!

When I called the front desk to complain he told me unless I wanted a 2nd floor room (which because of medically reasons I could not which would be why I specifically said downstairs when I made my reservation) I would have to take a single bed. Problem with that is my 12 year old would sleep on the floor and after that room I can only imagine how unsanitary their carpet is! He was extremely rude when I told him this room was unacceptable... finally we talked to the manager and she refunded our money (took 3 days but that is okay). $100 for 2 days isn't that great of a deal for this type of room and service.

The people "hanging" around made me a bit nervous and my husband was worried about my son and I walking the dog!!!! It was bad! My parents who were also headed in to stay at the same hotel cancelled their reservations and moved to the hotel we stayed at.

We immediately went to another hotel and enjoyed our 3 day stay. Think twice and make sure you check the rooms first!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Interstate 40 is just across the service road, and it is loud. No wall, no trees, right at the same level, and very noisy pavement.
Our room was fine and we slept well.
Motel is difficult to get to.
Coming from Memphis, don't miss your turn, or you'll go four miles to get back. Even if you do make the turn you go up over I-40 and have no obvious way to reach the motel. We turned down a road and were greeted with a sign telling us that we had entered a private apartment complex. We went back and drove through the Waffle House parking lot to reach the service road.
Eat before you arrive, you don't want to get here more than once from Memphis. No problems if coming from the West, exit I-40 onto the service road and it will bring you right to the motel.
There are five motels side by side on this service road, they all have the same access problems.

Room Tip: get a room in the back, facing the pool
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Aurora, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The receptionist was very nice. The room adequate. Easy access to highway. Room very reasonable. Not bad for what it was.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Good location & cheap especially considering how close it is to Memphis. We stayed here as it got late and we were driving to Memphis. Would stay here again if driving through late. There are no direction to Memphis though - we got lost and ended up in a dodgy area!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

Needed a room for the night without paying $100 and stopped at this Motel 6. The room was dingy and needed a complete overhaul. The brightly lit area off the interstate was a plus. The best part of this stay was the $40 price.

• Stayed October 2011
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Excellent value for a comfortable bed for the night but rooms are basic. Ask for a room away from the interstate. Lots of food options very close to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed here on 07/11/11 and 07/12/11. The rooms are decent for the price. I have a problem with Management and the staff allowing people that live in the apartment complex behind the motel to use the pool. If you are a day-time sleeper( im a nurse 7p to7a), dont get a room by the pool. I understand that people will use the pool, but I thought just regular guests. I seen a woman soliciting herself to some Mexican guests. There were some young adults hanging in the parking lot last night about 2:00am. I had to phone the local police to get them to move along. I guess you cant expect people to be considerate of others. It is about 95 degrees today and I havent used the pool due to the unscheduled pool party with individuals that live in the community. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: right off interstate so.... kinda loud
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 West Memphis? Share your experiences!