“Decent place with affordable rates.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion West Memphis Convention Center & Hotel

Save Saved
You added Clarion West Memphis Convention Center & Hotel to your Saves list
Clarion West Memphis Convention Center & Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   I-55/I-40 & Ingram Boulevard, 2007 South Service Rd, West Memphis, AR 72301 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in West Memphis
Russellville, Alabama
“Decent place with affordable rates.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

The room was good. Rate was very good. Staff at front desk was super friendly. I thought getting to the location was difficult because of the way WM did the service roads (one way streets). But that's not HI's fault, just be forewarned. Overall I satisfied with the place. Oh, and they did give me a free drink ticket. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2012
Willie J, Manager at Clarion West Memphis Convention Center & Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank You for selecting Holiday Inn Convention Center West Memphis for your lodging needs.
As a valued customer, your opinions about our hotel and your lodging experience are extremely important to us. It is our ultimate goal to provide you the utmost excellent customer service possible.

Please allow me the opportunity to say how much we appreciate you taking the time to fill out the online survey. So many excellent hotel experiences go unrecognized and we are very pleased to read that you did indeed enjoy your stay with us.

We hope you will return to the Holiday Inn Convention Center West Memphis for all your lodging needs – allowing us another opportunity to serve you again.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
West Memphis, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I used to stay here all the time as a kid when our house was getting repaired! Good times!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Unlisted, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Check in was easy and the rooms were clean and up to date.

Skip the onsite resturaunt. The prices vs the quality are not worth it. The wait staff are actually Holiday Inn staff and do not seem interested in the resturaunt. My free drink coupon could not be used for a premium well drink even though I was willing to pay for the difference.

• Stayed July 2011

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for all of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I do, however, appreciate you taking the time to fill out the Online Survey that advises us of your dissatisfaction, which is the first step towards improvement of our service. Please be assured that we are working extremely hard to improve our hotel and the quality of services that we provide.

We hope you will return to the Holiday Inn Convention Center West Memphis for all your lodging needs – allowing us another opportunity to serve you better.

Thank You in advance for your continued patronage.
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Yes, it's a few years old and it's not in a scenic part of town, but the staff clearly does everything they can to maximize what they've got. Friendly front desk, clean rooms, comfy beds, and a good breakfast. It was packed and the bar was hopping when we were there but our room was completely quiet. My kids were bummed that the pool didn't open until 10 a.m. bit maybe it's close to rooms and they were just being courteous. Overall, I'd certainly stay there again if I needed a place to stay right off the highway.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Okc, Ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This hotel needs an update, but was adequate. That was until the people from the club came through yelling and talking so loud that at first you could not relax or watch TV and next you couldn't sleep. Two phone calls to the front desk did nothing.
The room was comfortable enough and for a fast stop the location next to the highway was good.
The staff was pretty good, but checkout took forever.

Room Tip: Get away from the club if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Clarion West Memphis Convention Center & Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear DandVOKC,

I am deeply sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us
and for the inconvenience you experiences with the noise.
You feedback is important to us and will be shared with management.

Katie J
IHGCare
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Mind you, we had just come from the slummy Super 8 in downtown Memphis, but either way this was a lovely hotel with friendly staff! The room was clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable, the bathroom was fine. It wasn't a fancy shmancy hotel, but it did the trick and was a Godsend considering we had just checked in and out of the Super 8 in an hour because no one should even be exposed to such grime.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Kennett, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I stayed in this hotel partly because they advertised a shuttle to the airport and I was leaving on a cruise out of Rome the next day. Would fly to Miami then on to Rome.
I was greeted nicely but they did not realize or care that I was a Priority Club member.
The morning of the flight, the shuttle didn't show up. If it had not been for the night clerk who took me to the airport, I would have missed my plane......................and my cruise!!!!!!!!!! Because the hotel is just across the border of Ark there was only one cab and he had other things to do so a cab was not an option.
The manager assured me that the problem would be taken care of. She didn't seem to give it much thought.
When I returned from my cruise, I called the hotel for the shuttle (yes, stupid to stay there again). I was left in the winter weather for over 2 hours!!! When the shuttle finally showed up he said that he had been at another hotel, wink.
I notified the home office of the Holiday Inn and was told that the manager was very upset and would be in touch with me. That was in October, 2 months ago. I have yet to hear anything from anyone at that hotel.
I will never trust Holiday Inn to provide a shuttle again.
This is so sad because they used to be a very nice chain.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Clarion West Memphis Convention Center & Hotel? Share your experiences!