“Negative 4 Stars!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn West Memphis

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn West Memphis to your Saves list
Knights Inn West Memphis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Ingram Blvd, West Memphis, AR 72301 (Formerly Budget Host Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in West Memphis
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Negative 4 Stars!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

When booking this hotel on hotels.com the price was right but if I knew what I know now I would have looked elsewhere. I would rather sleep at the truck stop than this dump. I read a lot of the bad reviews but I thought reviewers were just being too picky and wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. Worst mistake ever. The photos of the hotel looks nice and newer but the rooms are a real dump. We arrived from a 12 ur drive from WI and wanted to rest. The staff was nice, the lobby looked nice and clean. We were not asked if we would like to see the room first. If so I would have ran. When we walked in the room it smelled like old musty cats. The stinch was so bad. The beds were old, outdated, and filthy. I wasn't expecting the four seasons in such a small town, but I didn't think I would get a dump. The mattresses, bed skirt, sheets, and comforters were very stained and filthy. Pulled back the blanket and the sheets were ripped. We had to sleep on blankets and pillows we brought. There were only 3 towels, we asked the front desk for more and they said they would have to find some. Like other reviewers we had to go to family dollar to buy some. They showed up with 3 bath towels the next day with an attitude. The towels were very dingy and stained. The tub was filthy, dirt and dust everywhere. Tv only had 4 working channels, no remote. When housekeeping cleaned she did not refill toilet paper so we had to buy our own. Carpet was filthy. I itched the entire 2 days I was there. I have nothing good to say about this hotel. Please trust the reviews. I wish I would have listened. Please look at the photos I took. I will be posting them now.

• Stayed August 2012

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
East Peoria, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Having read the reviews listed, they do NOT characterize our stay at all. We had extremely friendly and helpful staff; our room was clean and spacious; the pool was full and clean at all times (and we stayed for 18 days). This particular location is literally 50 yards from a casino property, within a mile of Interstates 40 and 55 intersecting, and approximately a 10 minute drive from downtown Memphis. This convenience was a main reason for our choosing to stay here. Again, the staff was most amenable. In fact, one afternoon after a quick downpour, I went to the pool and grabbed the strainer to scoop out the few leaves that had blown in during the shower. Within seconds, one of the maintenance people came running and wrested the strainer from my hands, apologizing that it had not been done for me. Honestly, they can't run out to scoop the pool each time the wind blows! Our king sized bed was very comfortable and firm and our sheets matched. We did not experience any issue with noise--in fact, it seemed exceptionally quiet. People who stay in low cost motels should not expect the amenities of a Ritz-Carlton! I would and I will recommend this Knights Inn to anyone coming to Memphis; it is a great value and as much as you could ask for. We are most satisfied with this motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

The first room stank, the second one had a dirty washcloth in the shower. No hot water or alarm clock in the room. The lights went out in the bathroom. Pool was clean but I was told no towels, should've brought my own. Pets allowed - bonus.
Service sucked.

• Stayed July 2012
Hillsboro, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Don't go in you will be sorry. No hot water, no pool water, stuffing coming out of pillows, no light working and had to go get towels. Really close to road traffic. Noisy. Don't go in you will be sorry.

Room Tip: Keep going
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We decided to use this hotel after seeing their site it was a good cost and had nice visual looks on the computer. On arriving we checked in the girl was nice but when we got to our room it turned to a nightmare. A water hose was running and when we exited our vehicle we was attacked by mosquitoes my 4 children rushed in and us thinking once we got in room we would be okay. We entered room tired from a 10 hour hot drive and wanted to get the kids settled and food so we called the pizza place which was going to be an hour before we got it so we called to see about extra pillows and blankets. We turned on television and it would not work but one channel so we had to call front desk. When the gentleman came to room he had to bring a different remote. Upon going into the restroom the toilet paper rack was broke and rusted, the rack the towels was on was broke and falling. The pizza showed up so we fed kids and got to bed we had to leave early. All night we all fought trying to kill mosquitoes when they landed on us so we was lucky to get 3 to 4 hours sleep. The next morning we rushed to get out of the hotel (even forgot a few things there) I walked to check us out of the room and explained to the guy at front desk and told him how i also slipped in the tub that morning because there was no slip resistant mats. He did not know what to do so he gave me number to the owner. I called no answer so he gave me the number to other hotel she owns and i called they told me she would not be there til 8am which was 1 1/2 hour away. I decided to get on road and stop to get breakfast. After 8 am I called the owner and she listened to me but then reacted like it was not important she said she would have someone call me. When the GM finally called me she was very RUDE from the start every-time I would talk she would interrupt she didn't take me serious I was trying to be calm but she was RUDE RUDE RUDE not happy I told her fine I would be reporting the hotel and hung up and tried to call owner the owner picked up and as soon as I told her who I was she said quote "Melinda I do not have time for you.." I told her fine then I was going to go over her head some how and report this so that is where I am never will I go back. Later on we got a call about the stuff we left and I asked them to send it again rude staff told me that I had to spend more money and send a box for them to send it to me I said fine we will be back through in 2 weeks to pick it up..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kettering, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We booked 4 rooms for 4 nights at this hotel and it was the worst hotel ive been too. It was in the 90's every day and they were too cheap to fill the pool...we had to ask for towels everyday...Not EXTRA towels...just towels... We gave up and just went and bought some at a Family Dollar Store...We didnt get any soap till our last night when we got 5 days worth at once..the lights kept going off in one of the rooms, the toliet wouldnt flush, the cable in the whole place went out, the air conditioning in one room didnt work and they never sent anyone to even try and fix it. The place was dirty over all, and really had no business even being open.

They just dont know or care about knowing how to run a hotel and you should not give them your business or your money EVER!!!

Room Tip: dont waste your time or money!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

The pool has no water in it and the place is dirty. The front desk staff is nice but clueless about the hotel. If you have a problem the staff at as if they are just volumteering their time and they don't have the power to do anything. I am not tripping either in those words. Don't book here unless you just being cheap and don't want to spend a little extra for a clean and safe place to stay. Check the room before you pay and check the bed. There was a big yellow stain in the box mattress and the sheets seem to have been cleaned with cheap detergent.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Knights Inn West Memphis? Share your experiences!