“Better than expected.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yoschi'shotel in Mountain Bromo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sukapura
Yoschi'shotel in Mountain Bromo
You added Yoschi'shotel in Mountain Bromo to your Saves list
Jl Wonokerto 1 | 2 Km. From Ngadisari, Sukapura 67224, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Sukapura B&B and Inns
Perth
“Better than expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were not expecting good things here as we had read the not so good reviews.
However it was fine.
I don't have champagne taste on a beer budget. I also knew that this was closer to the viewing point than other hotels.
Check in was easy and staff were nice.
Our room was fine, we expected cheech n chong style haha and it was. unusual tiles, including on the walls etc. It kind of reminded me of a grandmas cottage :)
It was very clean.
The towels were tiny though and only just did the job.
The real problem was not having hot water and we were supposed to have.....so we saw them and they came to our room and fixed.
The next morning this happened again, no problem, they came back and fixed.
We arrived late afternoon and enjoyed dinner there. The food was very nice and cheap enough. Service very good.
We discovered we were to get a box for breakfast at 3am however we were not on a tour and so we told them we required breakfast in the restaurant on our return and they agreed.
So after we had been to the volcano the 3 of us had breakfast and actually paid a little extra to order more.
We weren't spending any money in Bromo so made it a treat.
They had woken us up along with everyone else at 3am and we met our assigned driver out front.
When we got back and had enjoyed breakfast, we headed off to bed about 9am for an hours nap.
There was no rush to check out.
It was not very cold here, however we were freezing once we got to the viewing point.
Sleeping was a little difficult as our room was up the back of the garden with work going on directly behind.
All in all, it was clean, staff were friendly and willing to help (it always pays to speak to them nicely), pretty gardens and breathtaking views, good food.
Hotels in this area are always going to be over priced because of the amount of tourists coming to see Bromo.
Would be happy to stay here if ever we came back.

Room Tip: Middle garden area would probably be the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Wohaa... it was definitely an experience staying here... I loved almost all parts of my stay. reached here at 9.30 in the night the surroundings were completely dark and the weather was quite cold. We had taken a 4 bed cottage the place is nicely done the interior looks different though.. please don't expect a 5 star resort comforts here.. but one of the best village type resorts I had ever stayed in... They made some really good food for us.. the place was amazing. words are not enough to express the experience.. had a nice log walk up the hill but came back as we had to getup at 3.00 Am to go to the sunrise point...

Came back to the Room and found the rest room to be stinking with something very very bad... tried every thing to get ride of it but in vane... I was finally able to understand the reason for the stinking smell which was actually the gas water geyser all I needed to do was to re ignite it and that's it the smell was gone...

We all woke up eairly to see the sunrise and mount bromo... ( See my other review on mount bromo and Sunrise point)

Came back tired and wanted to try the Javan Massage... well I was warned by the manager not to try this.. he said its very good if you do it regularly but just doing it for the first time may show you effects over the next few days... oh man I curse my self for not taking the advice... no offence the two good ladies who did the massage they were very good at the job its just that my body could not take it... I almost had fever the next day and my body was sore couldn't walk... Trust me Be careful the Javan Massage in the villages is not the same as the ones you get in Bangkok, Singapore, Malaysia or any other ones you tried in any good spa in the world.. over all its great and I will definitely go back to this place... with family this time....

Room Tip: Hmmm just book a cottage or almost all are the same....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Milano
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We went here on a private tour to Bromo/Ijen, we were given a two storeys room with shared bathroom for three rooms, that was almost decent, no frills at all, shower had only warm (not hot) water and pressure was insufficient. We stayed there for one night, with an early call to go and see sunrise at Bromo. Location is not the best, a little bit far away from Cemoro Lawang, the starting point to Bromo's famous viewpoints. Breakfast was reasonable, but if you are on a package you just get two slices of bread and some tea, so you have to pay anyway, but at least it's fairly priced, and good quality. Cleanliness was not bad ... but it can be largely improved.
The bed was confy but not that big, the temperature was not so chilly as we expected, provided blankets are sufficient.
Bungalows are set amidst a very nice garden. Go here only if you are on a budget, one night is enough.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We arrived at 3pm and stayed 1 day in an economic room overlooking to the front gate and the garden. We still felt comfortable and it's not very chilly at night as heard somewhere. The staff are very nice, they served us well even we just needed hot water for the instant noodles we brought for a late lunch. The dinner are ok at affordable price.

We went for a walk around in the afternoon.There are peaceful landscapes surrounding, seeing many wild flowers, potato plants...

The only inconvinient thing in my opinion is it's too far from the Cemoro Lawang, that we couldn't see the sun set by walking as it is 4-5km away from the view point. The room is small of-course, however it's ok for just 1-2 days staying for the Sunrise tour.

Room Tip: Economic rooms near the garden and the restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

staffs were kind enough to get our rooms booked with no advance payment, they arranged for our pickup... Rooms are fair enough, food was good (i personally liked it :)).. Cleanliness was not bad... People stay here to go to Bromo, so it isn't bad for night's stay.. More than that then you need to definitely give it a thought..Location was also good but don't expect anything like eateries or shops near by.. Over all i wouln't mind staying there, if I'm doing the bromo trip and stay is just for night..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed in this guest house as part of our Mount Bromo Sunrise tour package arranged by a travel agent during Aug 8. We reached Probolingo very late around 8 and reach this hotel around 9:30 Pm. Check in was very quick and they give a large room after seeing my child.
When we entered the room found a small rat running. Lights very very dark and the bed spread is very dark colour but ok. The bath room is ok, but no hot shower, need to share out side for shower.
However, the dinner at this guest house is very cheap and we tried almost 3 items, all of them are good and served hot. They give us wake up call around 3 am to continue the sunrise tour,,
Breakfast is just bread and Jam with Butter and coffee. just ok.
We dont mind the facilities as we stayed there just for a little sleep. the view outside the hotel is good, they have small garden and play area for children.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Alien whom I liaised with directly via email for a full-board package was prompt and everything she arranged for me (due to tight schedule) went well as planned. It did took me a while to fully digest and re-confirm because I did not quite understand her English.

Our "driver" Farfan (we did not think he drives for a living but solely a good friend who's willing to work with her) spoke good English and was fun. The car ride was awesome I must say.

Staff at the guesthouse were OK - friendly would be an overstatement but willing to help if you ask. Restaurant food was mediocre, good enough for a fill. Just note if you are a huge fan/addict of coffee this is probably the place you should avoid.

Our package includes a night in the Bungalow - spacious, comfy blankets with en-suite toilet. We thought the lights were quite dim which made it a little creepy for my friend, and of course I did not figure exactly how clean/dirty it was. The worse encounter was running out of water totally. Toilet flush, tap, shower etc. nothing. It was too cold so we skipped the shower (despite the fact hot shower was supposed to be available) and did not really bother to get it fixed. Until the Bromo tour was over we just washed up using the shared basins.

All in all for a night I think it does the job though the prices for the rooms seem pretty steep without a package. I was glad the experience was nothing close to hideous!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Yoschi'shotel in Mountain Bromo? Share your experiences!