Went to Valentin with my wife and one other couple in April. We had never done an all-inclusive but were attracted to the adults-only aspect, and the large number of restaurants with a la carte menus. The resort itself is beautiful and the rooms were clean and spacious.
Here's where things change a bit. We were given a room with twin beds which is not what we reserved. Fine, we called and they transferred us to another room...with twin beds. Felt like they were hoping we'd just say "OK" and be done with it. They finally got it right but it was an unpleasant way to kick off the vacation. Only other real complaint is that we had to call multiple times to housekeeping to have the room cleaned up during the day.
While the restaurants are true to their word about a la carte, the menus are limited and a la carte applies to dinner only. All other meals are buffet style, which my wife and I don't love and were hoping to avoid. We felt like it detracted from the romantic atmosphere the resort seemed to promote.
Lastly, and this may simply be unrealistic expectations on my part was the pool. The pool area was beautiful and enormous, with multiple swim up bars and tons of chairs and shade. I was expecting quite and relaxing but by mid-afternoon the DJ was blasting music and the beer guzzling competition began. Not really what I was looking for but again, maybe that was my expectations.
If you're looking for a heavy drinking, very casual, buffet style resort this is for you. The place is beautiful and the staff was very friendly, even if they needed a tiny nudge from time to tim. However, if you're looking for quiet and romantic, you might want to keep searching.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico