My husband and myself along with another couple went Nov 8th-15th. Both couples were coming for anniversaries. We booked our vacation through cheapcaribbean.com and had private ground transfers for the four of us to the Valentin. The drive is about 20 minutes.
When we arrived; as everyone else has said we were greeted with a glass of champaigne and were immediately checked in. We had booked a swim up room and noticed immediately that we were not in a swim up room. We questioned check in about this and were told that we had been upgraded to an ocean front room. We are assuming because people had requested to not be ocean front do to the hurricane and we were concerned that we may not like the rooms but both couples were very happy with the outcome. We were in buiding 12. I would say this actually the best beachfront building to be in. There is a slight walk (maybe 20 seconds) to the beach through vegetation but you can see the ocean from your room. In this building you virtually have a private beach with a bar and tiki palapas and lounge chairs to get some shade when it gets hot. This is the best stretch of the beach beacause it's not near the boardwalk and is more secluded from the main beach. Once we got up the next morning we all agreed we were glad to not have a swim up room. We would have never spent anytime there. The main pool is a much nicer location to be with 2 swim up bars and lots of lounging. Be there by 7am to reserve a spot!
When everyone says the complex is huge they are definently telling the truth! If you dont like to have to walk any distance this is not the resort for you. I personally had no problem with this as we ate and drank so much that it made me feel as I was working some of it off without having to use the gym :)
The staff was absolutely amazing. Elaina, Jaime and Antonio were great with activities around the pool. They always had a smile on their faces and were great fun. My favorite pool waitress was Louisa. She was such a doll. She always remembered what I was drinking everyday and if I was not on a lounge chair she would make sure to find me in the pool. She knew who we were with and would ask were our spouses were when they werent around. She was always calling me mamacita and always had a smile and wave for me. Everyday they bring around an exotic animal for you to have your pic taken with if you would like and sell them for $10 in the plaza at 8pm; monkeys, iguanas, birds and a large snake. Its cheaper to buy all the ones you want at the end of your trip fyi.
The food was amazing. We loved Ginger and ate the tepan style once and went back to the sushi bar 2 times. Many people rave about the french cuisine but none of us were fans at all. We dont care for frois gras and most of the dishes they served there. The lobster pot was very yummy and it is very close to the main pool and the ocean.
My husbands complaint was with all the top shelf liquor there was no crown royal (his drink of choice). The only complaint us ladies had were the mosquitos. If you dont bring bug spray you will be buying some in the gift shop guarenteed and will spend about $15. Secondly the lighting at night is poor. We brought flashlights and they helped tremendously coming back to our rooms from dinner. In all it is a beautiful resort with amazing staff and service. We highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Amex, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico