My husband and I stayed at the Valentin for our anniversary in September 2009. The place was incredible, but we chose the hottest time of the year to visit. The rooms were fantastic, and we had a pool directly outside our room, which was very convenient. It was not the main pool, which was even better, because we shared the pool with only several other couples, and had a bar, place to get towels, etc., without fighting the crowd at the main pool, plus there were plenty of places to sit in the sun or the shade. The service was excellent. It did take the staff until late in the afternoon to clean our room at times, but with a phone call, they were there immediately. The main downfall with the facility was the walking. Depending on where your room is located within the resort, you have to walk a distance to get a meal, go to the beach, the main pool, lobby, etc. As I stated, we were there at the hottest time of the year, and after walking a distance, most of the restaurants did not have air conditioning, so, at times, enjoying your meal was difficult. Room service works great in this instance. We used it several times for breakfast and once for lunch. The area where they perform at night was also not air conditioned, which may not seem like a big deal, but when the temperatures are close to 100 degress everyday, and not much cooler at night, you're looking for some relief when you arrive at your destination. One thing we did discover is that you can get a ride back to your room anytime, if you're in the main lobby area, which is where most of the restaurants are located. As far as the food goes, buffet was offered at breakfast and lunch, but you could only eat at specialty restaurants in the evening. You did not need a reservation for the specialty restaurants, but the wait, at times, was close to one hour. I was a little disappointed that they did not offer buffet for dinner. Of the specialty restaurants were tried, the Italian and the Steakhouse were our favorites. Although we heard the Lobster House was excellent, which we did not try, but was always crowded. Overall, we had a fun and relaxing vacation. Since the hotel is not located close to anything, we stayed at the resort the entire trip. This is not the hotel for you, if you're looking for nightlife, since downtown is 25 minutes away. You certainly can take transportation to this area, but you're going to pay for it. For the price, you could not find a better place to stay. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking to relax and forget about life for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico