We stayed at the Valentin from 7/4/14-7/9/14 and we enjoyed it very much. This was a beautiful resort! very well kept and very nice employees.
ROOM: We stayed in the Silver JR Suite. I think that the bathroom could have used a little bit more privacy than was offered. Even for a married couple we would have liked more. There was however a very nice big Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom! We did not have an ocean view but we did have a little patio that overlooked some jungle like landscaping that was very pretty. Also,there is not a lot of drawer space in the room either so if you are a traveler that likes to unpack you might not be able to in this room.
THE RESORT: The property it self is huge so be ready to walk. We were lucky and our room was pretty close to the pool and the main eating areas. The whole property is beautifully landscaped and very well kept. You will also encounter some of the native wildlife while in the resort which is a really nice touch. The hotel itself is very quite. There are not a like of young folks running around being loud and crazy.
FOOD & DINING: I don't think that I ate one bad thing while on the resort. There are several different restaurants and various types of foods to choose from. They do tell you that there peak hours for eating are from 7-9 and they are not lying. the first night that we were there and went to dinner I believe that we waited for over an hour. We had a party of 4. Also they do enforce the dress code. more so for men then women. make sure your better half has collard shirts because you have to wear them at every restaurant for dinner.
ACTIVITES: The resort does it best to keep you entertained 24 hours a day. For those of you who like to work out they did have a little gym with yoga, Pilates, and zumba classes. While we were there we took a little bike tour tough the property and got to see a lot of the grounds that we probably would not have seen if we had not done the tour. They also had games going on out at the pool throughout the day and then shows and music at night. We made it to one show and it was pretty good.
All in all it was a very nice vacation. We went with three other couples who all had a very good time. We spend a lot of our time at the pool rather than the ocean. The ocean was beautiful and the hotel offered little cabanas to rent out on the beach. People also saved chairs out at the pool very early even though is says that you are not supposed to. I would also recommend to bring your own pool floats if you like to lay in the pool and float because there are very few and again people horrid those too even though it says not to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico