“When the sun shines, it's perfect....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Valentin Imperial Maya

You added Valentin Imperial Maya to your Saves list
Valentin Imperial Maya
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 307 Chetumal Puerto Juarez Km. 311 +500, Playa del Secreto, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
“When the sun shines, it's perfect....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

First I travel to this region each November, first time at the Valentin resort. It was also the first time of monsoon rains every day, from sun up to sun down. We possibly had about 8 hours of sunshine for 7 days. Not the resorts fault.
Second, I don't usually go to all inclusive resorts, and now I remember why. There were 40-60 year old acting like it was spring break all day long. I went for peace and tranquility and did not find it here, until we found the quiet pool. Unfortunately the sunshine didn't find us at that pool, we had moved into solid rain period by that time.

The food was delicious, I have many food allergies, breakfast was 2 different restaurant buffet selections. One of them was a higher grade of selections. The other was close to the pool and beach. Lunch was pretty much the restaurant by the pool area, dress is beach attire, with a cover up. Dinner at some of the restaurants required a reservation which was impossible to make, we gave up. There is enough versatility in the food selection that we never ate at the same dinner restaurant, tip for men while your wife is getting ready go to the restaurant of choice a little early and get the reservation started and the pager they'll give you. Your evening will be much more pleasant and she'll appreciate the extra thought you put forth. It's The little things that matter to us, pamper her for this trip. There was also evening entertainment, nothing real impressive, but something to do in the evening.

This facility is huge, so if walking is not your thing find a different resort. I'm pretty sure some of the party people had trouble finding their room after a long day at the pool.

Shopping at the hotel is minimal, the usual resort tourist type stuff. The spa is well worth the cost of the massage. Which there were specials each day, check it out. We did this when it was raining.

The staff was very accommodating, they do take tips, but once you start it is expected. It's a fine line there, tread lightly would be my recommendation.

The rooms were very nice and quiet, we had a spacious balcony with table and chairs to enjoy coffee or happy hour on. There's a mini bar that is restocked every day and coffee pot with coffee provided. Snacks are chips, and that's about it. We did tip the cleaning people, and we're rewarded with different decorations each day. Towel art is a big thing!

Wifi is available throughout the resort.

All in all it's a beautiful resort, if you like all inclusive resorts you'd probably enjoy this hotel. It seemed a little pricey to me, I traveled with a friend while our husbands were hunting. My friend had been here before in March 2013.

I'm used to staying at small boutique hotels, which are my preference , they just seem more personable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
F T, Customer Care at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear recent VIM guest,

We would like to send you our warmest appreciations for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Valentin Imperial Maya.

The fact that we continue to receive positive reviews from our guests is proof of our commitment to consistent and quality service. Your recommendation of our property is also encouraging our Management and staff who ensure that your vacation is relaxing.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

E mail : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,128)
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We are literally sitting in the airport waiting to board our connecting flight while I write this review! I can't believe we were just at the Valentin this morning. This was our 2nd stay, our 1st was 2 years ago. However, this was our 6th trip to Mexico. We have always gone to new resorts, wherever we get a good deal that year, but after going to the Valentin we knew we'd found our piece of paradise and wanted to go back. This resort is very reasonable for what you get. The service is amazing. Everyone who works here is friendly, helpful and we felt so spoiled!!

We went with the basic jr suite this year and it was great. Building 5, top floor, with a little ocean view. So clean and very roomy. Love the balcony and no one else was ever sitting on theirs so it was private, overlooking the gorgeous jungle foliage.

We love the resort layout, taking evening walks with the beautiful and VERY romantic music playing in the background. This is the place to go for romance!! We left our 3 young children at home so we were definitely looking for a romantic getaway. The Valentin definitely caters to couples, which we love! It's not a place to party but it's still fun. We did run into a few obnoxious groups of partiers who perhaps would be happier in Cancun where they can go out at night. But most of the guests were laid back and just looking to relax.

We just love the beautiful beach. And drink service was fantastic.

The food was outstanding. We ordered room service twice for breakfast and it took about 40 minutes. The buffet for breakfast is good and lunch at both Mar y Tierra and Le Marche was yummy. There was not one thing we tried that wasn't good! Still the best ceviche I've ever had (even though last trip we ordered it ala carte). For dinners we ate at Indonesian, Mexican, Italian and French. All were outstanding. I'd list everything we ordered but it was a lot! But again, nothing we had was bad, it was all excellent. I will note that my 2 favorite dishes were the Lamb Vindaloo at Tamansari and the Duck at L'Asace.

All said, yes, we'll return again. First chance we get!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
F T, Customer Care at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear recent guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experiences with future travelers, we enjoyed reading your feedback and we are happy you had a great vacation at our only adults All inclusive resort.

We cannot wait to welcome you back for the 3rd. time to spoil you and make you feel at home again.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

Thank you so much!
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We spent 7 nights in this hotel. For me and my wife the most important and fullfilled thing was the cleaning of the room. Gym, swimming pool, jacuzzi, everything is well mantained. We try the Mar y Tierra buffet for breakfast and then lunch, the food was very good and the guy was very nice, i recommend this one for dinner time at night it becomes a restaurant a la carte of seafood and steak.
We are planning our next vacations to this beautiful resort, the only bad thing was not having more days to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Howard C,

Thank you very much for your review, It is very important for us to know that you had a great stay.

Again thank you again for your comment and we would be more than happy to welcome you back for a second holiday in our resort.

Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival so we can assist with all pre arrival requests and be sure that your stay surpasses all expectations.

Longueuil, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure to stay at VIM for the second time in 2013 (nov. 21 to 28).
What struck me again is the level of service by the staff and their happiness at work.
Whenever you need something or something is missing (in room or elsewhere), just ask and you`ll be surprised by the rapidity of their response and the staff`s evident pleasure to help you.
One great new improvement to the hotel: Free Wi-Fi everywhere (not only in the lobby).
Be sure we will be back next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Cher Jean-Marc de Longueuil, Canadá

We very much enjoyed reading your comments ,as we are sure many others will too.

We are thrilled to receive reviews such as this one as this is what our entire staff strives for.

We also underdstand that you have many options when choosing where to spend your vacation and It is an honor to have numerous loyal guests who are very excited and happy to come back to our resort.

Please let us know when you will be back for your 3rd visit so we can make your next arrival more especial and enjoyable.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My finance and I decided to come to this resort because of the great reviews and a recommendation from my friend who had also stayed at this resort last year.

This is by far an outstanding resort. The employees are beyond amazing and seem generally very happy.

They are extremely accommodating. I literally felt like a queen the whole time here. I have food allergies and also vegan and I had plenty to eat. They even gave me a tour of the kitchen ( very clean!) and made me my own customized dishes each time I asked.

I don't know how people can complain about this resort. The only negative I can say is that the beds are too hard but that's just my preference.
I would like to thank everyone at valentine for an amazing stay!! I will recommend you too all!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear rlevin84,

Thank you for such wonderful comments regarding your stay at our Valentin Imperial Maya. We know that our staff will be truly motivated by your kind words about your experiences.

Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' reviews before booking their own visits. And we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve.

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Valentin Imperial Maya.

Best regards,
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This all inclusive trip was just what my Gal and I needed. We decided to go with some family and friends to this great resort. We ended up wanting to plan another trip as soon as we got back, only we will go next time without anyone else knowing.
The service provided is the best that I have ever seen. I even had a late night cleaning lady stop what she was doing to walk me to an area that I was asking her about. She could have pointed me in that direction but took the time to take me and that kind of service is what it is all about.
The grounds are so beautiful and the beach is very clean.
Great fun with other guests and lots of things to do. The food is some of the best around as well.
We have already booked for another visit and really look forward to going.
Do something special for your Gal or Guy and plan a trip to this place, you wont regret it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. If a hot-tub is what you like then upgrade for sure. We were on the 3rd f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lyman W,

Reviews like yours, are the motivation to keep in the good job; we will pass all your inspiring comments to the staff.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

2nd time for the Valentin. Great hotel with super restaurants. The no reservations is my favorite. With the new privilege areas, they pushed the rest down the beach a little bit, but still lots of shade and the beach service really helps. Weather was sunny for 9 days. Great stay.

Room Tip: Silver collection is nice if you want the double jacuzzi, but the bathroom is open to the rest of th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Glendore M,

We are grateful for your positive review published on Trip Advisor, It is really important to us to receive positive feedback as yours, and we are glad to know that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay at Valentin Imperial Maya.

Thank you once again and we look forward in welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards.

Been to Valentin Imperial Maya? Share your experiences!