First I travel to this region each November, first time at the Valentin resort. It was also the first time of monsoon rains every day, from sun up to sun down. We possibly had about 8 hours of sunshine for 7 days. Not the resorts fault.
Second, I don't usually go to all inclusive resorts, and now I remember why. There were 40-60 year old acting like it was spring break all day long. I went for peace and tranquility and did not find it here, until we found the quiet pool. Unfortunately the sunshine didn't find us at that pool, we had moved into solid rain period by that time.
The food was delicious, I have many food allergies, breakfast was 2 different restaurant buffet selections. One of them was a higher grade of selections. The other was close to the pool and beach. Lunch was pretty much the restaurant by the pool area, dress is beach attire, with a cover up. Dinner at some of the restaurants required a reservation which was impossible to make, we gave up. There is enough versatility in the food selection that we never ate at the same dinner restaurant, tip for men while your wife is getting ready go to the restaurant of choice a little early and get the reservation started and the pager they'll give you. Your evening will be much more pleasant and she'll appreciate the extra thought you put forth. It's The little things that matter to us, pamper her for this trip. There was also evening entertainment, nothing real impressive, but something to do in the evening.
This facility is huge, so if walking is not your thing find a different resort. I'm pretty sure some of the party people had trouble finding their room after a long day at the pool.
Shopping at the hotel is minimal, the usual resort tourist type stuff. The spa is well worth the cost of the massage. Which there were specials each day, check it out. We did this when it was raining.
The staff was very accommodating, they do take tips, but once you start it is expected. It's a fine line there, tread lightly would be my recommendation.
The rooms were very nice and quiet, we had a spacious balcony with table and chairs to enjoy coffee or happy hour on. There's a mini bar that is restocked every day and coffee pot with coffee provided. Snacks are chips, and that's about it. We did tip the cleaning people, and we're rewarded with different decorations each day. Towel art is a big thing!
Wifi is available throughout the resort.
All in all it's a beautiful resort, if you like all inclusive resorts you'd probably enjoy this hotel. It seemed a little pricey to me, I traveled with a friend while our husbands were hunting. My friend had been here before in March 2013.
I'm used to staying at small boutique hotels, which are my preference , they just seem more personable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Amex, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico