We visited this resort from 8/10/2013 - 8/17/2013 our first trip to Mexico. We went with friends, 2 other couples and we had a great time. The resort is big, but not too big, so that you can walk around, but they do have little carts that will take you from building to building. We had a Golden jr room, in building 7 which was great because it had it's own lazy river pool. The pool runs behind 3 buildings, but is not as crowed as the main pool, and very very relaxing. The beach was beautiful, with nice clean warm salt water! You did have to walk a little ways to get to the "non-reserved" part of the beach, but it wasn't too far .. and we could still order drinks from the comfort of a beach chair! We hit the Mexican, Indonesian, Hibachi and Seafood restaurants. Only the Hibachi, Italian and French restaurants have a dress code and required a reservation. Buffets daily with a wide variety of foods, and the old stand by's (burgers and hot dogs) were always available. But please let them make you a burrito (seafood, sausage, pork chop, chicken, beef) wow! Room service is available 24hrs a day, it's great to just have food come to you in the morning after a night of partying!! Just hit one button on the phone, and food was on the way .. loved it!! The food was great, and if I didn't like something .. just moved on. The room was large, 2 TV's , huge bathroom .. and free Adult movies!! Plenty of beer, water and soda in the mini-fridge that was restocked daily! Alcohol is served only at the bars .. We saw serveral shows, and hit the sports bar daily for drinks - you do have to request top shelf but it was always available. Bartender was nice enough to explain the different types of tequila and let us sample, and sample, and sample .. lol. We saw the ruins, went shopping, hit CoCo Bongo and had a blast!! The staff was friendly and helpful .. My wife and I know everything can't be perfect, but if our room is clean with fresh towels, the staff is nice, the food is good, plenty of drinks and good friends .. what's there to complain about?? Although tipping is not required, I expected to do so .. it's a basic courtsey (if you've ever been a server you know) .. but this is a nice resort and we had a great time!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico