Beautiful Grounds, Pool. Negative side if you want to sit at the beach or pool on a chaise under the palapa (in the shade) you have to get up to do it at 6 AM. On vacation out of your room at 6 AM!! They need to fix this somehow. If you do not pay $120 per day for a reserved palapa, good luck finding a chaise. Beach is not calm here, pretty big waves. if you are looking for a calm beach look for hotel in a bay or cove. That being said the beach is gorgeous, Pool is pretty quiet, multiple pools linked together allow quieter area selection if you want to choose it. Several swim up and walk up bars. STAFF ALWAYS very friendly and courteous. ALWAYS attentive with a BIG smile, and OLA, everywhere you go. If it rains there is not much to do on the premises.
Italian Restaurant was terrible, food was inedible from start to finish. La Hacienda, Mexican dinner was fantastic. Allergic to Shellfish, the Manager came out to table-side to make sure his staff knew about my allergy and were taking special care to make sure. Food was excellent there. Recommend the Tilapia and the Chicken Fajita's. Quality of the food was excellent.
Buffets at both buffet locations for breakfast and lunch were very good.
The monkey-raccoon like animals (coati's) were not that big a problem when we saw them come out of the forest areas to eat coconuts or just pass by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico